Great Browser Poll

Gerard

The Great Browser Poll  

101 members have voted

1. 1. Which browser do you prefer to use?

• Firefox
    • Internet Explorer 7
    • Internet Explorer 6 and below
    • Safari (Mac)
    • Camino (Mac)
    • Opera
    • Mozilla
    • Netscape
    • Other (please specify in reply)

Let's see what the TGTAP community use in the way of browsers. Vote for the one you PREFER to use, even if you can't use them at school/work or whatever. If you pick "other", please reply saying which one you use. If I have missed an important one, let me know.

Perhaps Chris could provide the browser stats for TGTAP visitors?

My vote is for Firefox, a great simple browser that gets the job done properly, and has loads of really decent extensions to extend the functionality. What more could you ask for?

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, here's a load of screen captures from my Google Analytics account, they show basically any statistics you could want to see. The screens below show browser stats, as well as some other interesting (maybe) stats.

Browser Versions

browser-versionsgc9_th.gif ie-versionsmmf_th.gif firefox-versionsqxq_th.gif

The second screen is a breakdown of which versions of IE people are using, the third is a breakdown of which versions of Firefox people are using. Expect both IE7 and FF2.0 to rise drastically over the next month.

The first screen meanwhile shows IE still has an overwhelming share. Firefox is doing incredibly well though and now over a quarter of visitors to this site are using it.

OS - Browser Combo

browser-os-combo7kv_th.gif

This screen shows you which combination of browser and operating system are the most popular.

Operating Systems

os-versions8d4_th.gif windows-versionsi8o_th.gif

The first image shows us that the vast majority are using Windows, Mac's are growing slowly though. As for every other OS they are a minority. The second screen shows which version of Windows are the most used.

Connection Speeds

connection-speeds67j_th.gif

Quite hard for Google to measure these accurately, hence a lot of Unknowns. Majority are using Cable or DSL though which is good. A lucky few (probably at work) have been using a corporate connection to access the site. Just over 11% still using dialup. I'd like to see this drop below 10 soon.

Screen Resolutions

screen-resolutionskg7_th.gif

Pretty self explanatory.

These stats are for visits to thegtaplace.com in the month of October so far (up until today, the 28th)

Connection Speeds

connection-speeds67j_th.gif

Quite hard for Google to measure these accurately, hence a lot of Unknowns. Majority are using Cable or DSL though which is good. A lucky few (probably at work) have been using a corporate connection to access the site. Just over 11% still using dialup. I'd like to see this drop below 10 soon.

Out of that 11% probably some was mine, now I am glad I moved to DSL a couple of months ago.

Oh and about browsers I started using opera after FF 1.5 crashed once in a while, now with FF2.0 I dont have that problem, good bye opera and welcome back firefox, it is just my favorite browser.

• 1 month later...

Yeah I know a lot of people that have tried Firefox for like 2 minutes and decided they didn't like it. I've had to force many of my friends and acquaintances to use it for a few days before they start to like it.

Its faster, more secure, lightweight (doesnt have everything built in) but is immensely expandable (can add everything to it if you want). Why go for anything else?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Definately Firefox 2.0. I was very surprised on how much support there was on the add-ons/extensions. They were all ported over very fast, which was a good thing for me since I use a lot of add-ons.

The worse browser out there today has to be IE7. Some of my friends use it but I don't know how they can stand it. I've brought up Firefox many times, but they don't feel like downloading another browser. <_<

Oh yeah... pinned topic bump. :P

Edited by Vicehog

• 4 weeks later...