Urbanoutlaw

Ballas shooting you through solid wall? 

Cops see you through 40 feet of Earth & concrete?

Idiot Ron keeps calling you to pick up crates that never drop?

The car you spent $$$ buying armor for won't protect you from a bullet?

Here's a place for it.  Maybe if there's enough response it'll get back to R* & get fixed.  In

the mean time, we can keep the other threads more constructive.  Glitches, collision errors

or any other annoyances in the game itself are fair game.   I'll start. 

When did this become "Grand Go To The Internet And Buy An Auto"?  I'm looking at the case

& it says "Grand THEFT Auto", implying you take cars as opposed to buying them.  A lot of the

cars are "TOO HOT TO MODIFY"....  WTF?!  Seriously?  That never stopped Claude, Tommy,

CJ, Tony, Vick, Niko, Johnny or Luis.  On top of that almost everything in the game is insanely

overpriced.  Even in the current market 20 rounds of Olympic ammo for the sniper rifles cost

closer to $40 than $145 (I'm a gun nut, I tend to keep up on these things) & a basic pistol w/

silencer  is just over $20K.  For perspective, I can go 6 blocks from my house to a class III

dealer & pick up a full auto MP5 w/ suppressor & upgraded parts for the same, legal w/

paperwork.

It seems like someone at R* keeps cutting mission payouts so by time I finish I spend as much

on ammo as the mission pays.  I can't even pick up the ammo dropped by killed enemies.  I'm

calling weapons grade BS on that one, even EA let me pick up ordinance Mercenaries 2. 

On top of limiting what cars you can sell, there's the limit of selling one car a day (in game) &

now I can't even capture an enemy gang vehicle to offset the overpriced ammo - YOU CAN'T

PUT THAT VEHICLE IN YOUR GARAGE. 

To borrow from Johnny Gat (Saints)  Why the f*** not?!

I can still grab random vehicles off the street on mission but now that I've said something I'm

sure someone will get right on that.

Next.

Sorry to say, the prompts, whether calls to you in free mode or as HUD pop ups are part of the system Rockstar employs for periodical notifications, there's no way for you to get around that, We could complain about too many large icons dotting the HUD, or the reticle always being visible flying armed transport (helis, jets), but it's needed to some extent. I hate when I'm "Sniped" from a player I can't see. Hits you like an 18 pound sledge, to steal a phrase from Sammy Hagar.

I find for bullet proof armor, those free police vans still do the trick since you can be rather slow in them and still not get shot through the windows! hahaha

Speaking of visible reticles ( okay, spell check just weird), it would be nice to have one in your car.  Perfect

example would be one of Martin's missions where you have to get a target before they get to the police. 

my shot always goes right next to their head & off they go plowing through everything while I just try to get

turned around to give chase.  But that's okay, every ped in the game panics  & responds by running AT the

(suppressed) gungire.  I thought suppressors were supposed keep gunshots from being noticed immediately. 

So WTF did I spend $10k for?

Even Vivindi got those 3 things right: you knew where your shot was going, suppressors did something useful

& peds ran AWAY from gunfire. 

"So Honey, what are you going to do today?" 

"Oh I think I'll get in the minivan & drive AT a car load of madcappers shooting Uzis!" 

Screw Martin's evidence or photos, the Hello Kitty grenade launcher comes comes out now.

PS I still play so if anyone's looking for someone to run w/ send me a message on XBL.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

I could see multiplayer participants running at gun fire, better chance to aim your shots where you want them!

I would say there's no real trouble with alligning reticle shots from aircraft, none that I experienced. Anyway, I can't play the game at the moment, I had to pack things to move again. It's finally a step up in the World, after the recession hit, but maybe just sideways!?? hahaha

Anyway, I already miss the game and activity I was enjoying.

I got the call from Martin, but didn't focus on his missions. I was still trying to get a handle on cars to keep in my garage, making bucks, etc. I lost my most expensive ride because I didn't get insurance. I'd even hoped the police had impounded it.

You know a lot of the complaints about lost investment involved the game not functioning out of the gate (GTAO) but there's a lot like that that goes wrong because of how the game features work! haha

1:  Where do you get your aircraft?  My pilot skill is maxed & the crosshiar still bobs & weaves

all over because it's locked dead ahead & moves w/ the aircraft.  CJ had a lot better attack heli 

Insert cussing here. 

2: If you're after $$, Martin & Lester pay better than the others.  Martin's mission "Defender"

pays $11500 to fly a Buzzard & protect one of his contacts.  If you're good in a heli it's easy

cash.

Sucks about your ride, I have about $200K wrapped up in my "free" Eligy so I know what you

mean.  Last night I joined a buddy & stumbled into a public cesspool made the mistake of

leaving my Merryweather Mesa at the Sandy Shores airstrip when I grabbed the Buzzard. 

Someone (let's call him Dick) apparently didn't appreciate my setting vehicle access to "no one"

& blew it up.  Thanks Dick.

You probably won't make that mistake again but for those who are yet, get insurance & bulletproof

tires for any car you plan to keep.  My Stainer (90's Crown Vic) has been blown up 6 times, sunk

twice, caught fire once & tangled w/ 4 freight trains (never totaled by trains, drove away each time). 

Deductible is $125.  Dick paid the $325 on the Mesa (only time it's been totaled).

The reticle bobs because the aircraft are rather touchy-feely for flying control. It still launches attacks if planned out with correct timing, The red and green lock in boxes happen so fast, I do a little shooting from the hip, but either way, I find the challenge getting enough air so I can shoot objects ground based without flying critically too low! Lock ons can be had by just constant trigger finger activating, I let off and reapply while I'm targetting

Anyway, I found I was bothered by multiple player cars landing on top of each other, and driving through each other, seemingly a glitch based on too many people in one place on screen, at one time.

I drove my nice ride too fast right over a ridge on the LA/LS water basin, the other side was filled with regular depth water, my nice ride sunk like a rock because I didn't have enough room to stop in time, but such is life, even in GTA! hahaha

Edited by BlackListedB

Actually I'm able to hide from cops right next to them, it depends on certain scenarios, as far as how they observe you, try different means of escape, some are very effective.

As for rants, I didn't cancel my XBL because I was hoping to get a Wireless and Broadband setup the other day in my new apartment, and then the snow and rain hit, my sister refuses to go out and drive in it, so I'm STILL left waiting, We're trying to cut costs by me setting it up myself without a service call. Hopefully before Christmas I can be on my new apartment based Wireless and getting all the required cable channels as well! Just moved last week, BTW, My new digs will be my place for a year or more, hoping. It does seem smaller then before, but fairly cozy, it's definitely more expensive then my previous place, which to me is bothersome, it shouldn't be more costly living in the city then in the burbs

The only thing that really bothers me about GTAO is that it is almost impossible to make legit money to buy the cars / tanks / helicopters...I personally don't have much to worry about because I used the car selling glitch to score a ton of money before the updates...however, my friend was unfortunate enough to start playing the very day Rockstar added the 1.0.6 patch and has struggled for money even with me duplicating my cars for him to sell...

The missions seemed weak at first but have gotten better as my level has gone up...

1:  Where do you get your aircraft?  My pilot skill is maxed & the crosshiar still bobs & weaves

all over because it's locked dead ahead & moves w/ the aircraft.  CJ had a lot better attack heli 

Insert cussing here. 

2: If you're after $$, Martin & Lester pay better than the others.  Martin's mission "Defender"

pays $11500 to fly a Buzzard & protect one of his contacts.  If you're good in a heli it's easy

cash.

Sucks about your ride, I have about $200K wrapped up in my "free" Eligy so I know what you

mean.  Last night I joined a buddy & stumbled into a public cesspool made the mistake of

leaving my Merryweather Mesa at the Sandy Shores airstrip when I grabbed the Buzzard. 

Someone (let's call him Dick) apparently didn't appreciate my setting vehicle access to "no one"

& blew it up.  Thanks Dick.

You probably won't make that mistake again but for those who are yet, get insurance & bulletproof

tires for any car you plan to keep.  My Stainer (90's Crown Vic) has been blown up 6 times, sunk

twice, caught fire once & tangled w/ 4 freight trains (never totaled by trains, drove away each time). 

Deductible is $125.  Dick paid the $325 on the Mesa (only time it's been totaled).

I thought I was the only one who liked the Stanier! I love that car, lol.  

Has anyone else ran into freezing issues? I just flew under a bridge.. too low and ran into a bus stop.. then my game froze :/

I'm gonna rant just now that my GTAC site ain't working again! Just as I spent a solid 24 hours away from the computer, I figured I'd be cleaning it up for at least 30 minutes, but it ain't there. Well, to let our helpers know, it's nothing I can fix, just have to wait till it loads again.

On the GTA topic, sort of. My last Xbox360 loaded GTA V into Multiplayer the other day, the screen went from fine to millions of vertical white lines, with the only thing being readable, the text popping up above the HUD, and even then, marred by the white lines. I tested my HDMI cable, I tested resetting the TV input, going to Xbox component cable and it reset the video to an E74 display, that I could read, but basically what it tells you is your video chip is cooked! At least one component internally is in serious trouble. I figure, time to shop a new, used system!

Well, just a few blocks from me is a pawn shop now, near my new digs, so it was easier then could be expected.

I was planning at least an hour or so shopping across town, they thought they had nothing older gen, but as it happens, another 20GB model with HDMI, this one is refurbished by Gamestop with new heatsink mounts, and a different heatsink design for the CPU as well. It has wired in male and female attaching wiring from the power to DVD ROM connector, SATA remains the same. The added wire harness goes to the fan, I believe this causes the fans to get a signal to run full bore all the time, it also makes the system rather noisy, which is due to the same fans being used I'm sure.

Could probably retrograde the actual fans and add the aftermarket variety. Either way, because it's main issue was a DVD ROM stuck in closed door mode, I removed the plastic shell again, determined it had already been opened, somewhat obvious to do the mods by Gamestop, with new stickers added. Well, the drive is dated manufactured in 2009, so you know, it's still the sore spot. I played GTA V for a few hours and everything on screen suddenly froze. Rebooted with changed drive (the one it came with) again it prompted to download and install updates (every old drive seems to need this, which makes sense)

Then I ran RDR which besides Madden, had been the only two games saved on the single profile. That and some Rap music was all that's on the former drive, so I customized that to a new generic gamertag to try gaming some RDR on it, luckily I'm a  major fan of Rockstar in this case, having PS3 and Xbox versions of their AAA titles! hahaha

PS2 as well, but that's another story.

The system did read, but initially had trouble loading the discs, ejecting and retracting the disc tray, and engaging the disc, I believe during my MP session, the disc drive probably stopped reading, it gave me an error that the disc was unreadable, but I think it's entirely mechanical, the disc still looks the same, no scratches, but as you can imagine, there's risk involved playing any discs in suspect ROM or general CD/DVD drives, if they're in real bad shape, you wind up with scratches on a formerly good disc! AND then you're out $50 or $60 bucks!! OUCH!

Well, it looks like I may still have to swap DVD ROM parts, but I scored this Xbox for a markdown to $35 dollars, after some negotiation, I expected to pay $100 or more!! They also told me they just marked down the earlier/earliest systems in the pawn shops because the XBox One released, likely true of PS3 as well, now that PS4 is available to consumers. I'm passing that along to anyone thinking of getting into either, you can do so for a nice price if you're savvy, and the seller is anxious to liquidate. There's an As Is final sale involved, but it could have cost me over $50 too! (initially they said they'd throw in a 6 month return if anything failed, but even they couldn't get the drive door open, so it required the case be opened up entirely just to get the thing useable

Update to the RANTS, I was online for 6 or more hours yesterday, I was in three sessions I believe, I had to take an intermission but it was just so damn cold, I had to stay in! UGH!

I ran into a really cool dude in the first session, he invited any players over the bridge to show how the glitch works, and it's much like previous glitches, you find a wall that isn't solid, and can walk right through! hahaha

Nice...no patch as of the moment. That's not a rant, but I ought to point it out, it's on more then one bridge!!

Ok, one dude I encountered was blasting me with homosexual chatter over the mic, and was totally unsolicited, so I put in a review not to play with him again, but it'd be good to mark him as unsportsman like behavior in the GTAOnline portions, not sure how to go about that, since I used the conventional XBL Gamertag menu. I was also being griefed by this guy, and he had a passenger or fellow gamer helping him out, I don't mind some deathmatching in open free roam, but there is DM segments specific to that, if that's all you do!

I favor some variety in the main open Freeroam modes that are on offer. Getting along with the gamers insession can be a fun time, ya know!?? If all you do is kill them, the fun quotient ain't too high for those people waiting to respawn over and over. The problem I have is these guys have more money, better guns, better cars, they ALWAYS have a leg up because they either cheated or started GTAO before the newer gamers joining GTAOnline. So, there's a real issue there I don't know how you resolve other then legislating your sessions beforehand??

• 1 month later...

Got booted from a session the other night for being a "Bad Sport"...Bad Sport..? Are you serious..? Some guy runs over me in an attempt to kill me but he fails...so I unload on him with my MG and his car blows up...I get booted from the session...doesn't seem quite right that I get booted and a black mark for defending myself...

• 1 month later...

I think the thing that irks me most is an entirely social aspect. I seem to be on the lower end of the spectrum that enjoys free-aim servers. Already most free-aim servers aren't full, or even half full on XBL. Really stunts the activity output. Everyone's on lock-on servers.

The pro's of free aim servers on XBL really are nice. Generally the races are comprised of people who race cleaner and overall race better which creates a fun challenge, and in deathmatch style games the lack of lock on provides the obvious benefit of having to have some amount of skill to shoot people down, even to the point of having a chance to turn a corner, see 3 people, and kill them all before they kill you. In lock-on servers, that just doesn't happen.

I'm apart of a crew that generally goes on lock-on servers so I've switched recently. Overall it's been a really boring experience. I win nearly every race I'm apart of because almost nobody can do anything outside of ramming my car in the first corner of the race, and deathmatches have become even easier. I just shoot outside the distance locking on is capable of. So basically sniping. Just isn't fun with that factor of a small amount of skill involved taken away.

I'm pretty buzzed so I better stop and just review this post in the morning.  :drunks: Anyone on XBL enjoy the free-aim servers? Hit me up.

edit: UO so true about cars that can't get modified. That tripped me out but I can live with it. It's easy to make money but I also agree: 9k for a silencer? Don't make me laugh. I live in California where you can't even legally have a threaded barrel and I still understand that's too much for a weapon with a threaded barrel and attachment. 

My frustration with most players using the lock-on servers aside, I really don't have much to rant about on GTA:O or GTA V in general. It's one of my favorite games and I can assure all I'll be playing it for years to come just like every GTA in the past. So Shermy, UO, I'm with you in not having many people I know to play with, but hit me up and I'll get on when I can because I love this game. 

Edited by Nate10