Crates MIA

Urbanoutlaw

The crates are part of the special weekend Rockstar are promoting, I didn't get any calls from Ron or Trevor regarding those, the pop ups should come above your map HUD, that's about all the warning you have other then perhaps a green spot on the full pause menu map, the locations seem to repeat themselves, it also happens roughly every 10 game hours, but it does seem to differ, I saw two drops in the space of 10 minutes!! That's rare if you ask me

I've only got 2 crates...I went to chase one down last night in my nice red Entity XF and instead of getting there, I get blown up by my own crew member... -.- Then he continued to kill me so he could get it himself..

I got lucky and got to one just as two other guys got to it. I was killed and still managed to get it. I left out in a hurry (I love the Carbonizzare) and they were still killing themselves over it :P Good stuff

I'm thinking after seeing Ron call me about this as well, do you guys know how long they've been doing the drops? There seems to be a real issue with notification and on screen pop ups and displays, I was informed of an incoming plane that would drop a box, but nothing ever showed up on my HUD, so there's no way of knowing the real location, other then guess based on other members congregating on a section of map.

Fairly confusing I must say!

Same thing last night, a green circle just south of the Sandy Shores airstrip & nothing for over an

hour.  Got tired of waiting, took a few missions & went private.  No crates since Beach Bum which

tells me R* changed something as before that I saw crates about once an hour (real time) even in

solo mode.

Yeah, the green circle I'm not so sure about, an actual package drop should show as a green square box on the HUD in it's dropped location, that way you don't have to access the full map. It was set to drop last weekend every 10 hours in game, and I think about 1 game hour from the announced incoming drop, give or take. But as I also noted, that consistency fell off, who knows why. The game prompt was announcing this I believe. Rockstar likely gave details on their site, or as the game was booting, there's some splash screen graphic updates, here and there.

I believe it may have been annualized (every session with enough players) over the course of three days last weekend. I can't really say for sure now since I'm again offline and not playing

Edited by BlackListedB