Online Hassles...

BlackListedB

Not to get away from similar topics, but I figured from what I've seen you guys would have added a lot more issues you think plague the experience, but I also don't want to mine this one site for all their articles on GTA, but this bears sharing.....

http://metro.co.uk/2013/11/02/the-problem-with-gta-online-readers-feature-4170501/

The last element most people can relate to, the community acting in a very immature manner, outside of relating it to GTA or Rockstar, no doubt the same occurs in Red Dead Redemption online, but perhaps not in MP3? Sounds like it as this author is a major fan of Max Payne. Some points I feel are valid, but I don't chose the entirely free aim modes, since using marginal auto aim for the shooting side of things helps in the heat of the moment to find an opponent or enemy you can't see, otherwise you wind up 'deaded' more often then not!

Edited by BlackListedB

The kids (and immature adults.. same thing) kind of do ruin the online experience. I've run into some insanely awesome players that have been nice, skilled, etc. Unfortunately, there are people (especially races.. oh my god) who think playing fair doesn't apply to them and it sucks. Then their crew buddies do the same shit.. so we have 3-4 bad sports in a race. Sure, I can avoid them through matchmaking the next time, but it doesn't help anything. 

I think a huge deal would be the ability to boot people when you're hosting. Get rid of the bad seeds and have a decent public lobby. 

• 3 weeks later...

I knew there was a reason we got along so well.  I have had it w/ (insert LOTS of derogatory names

here) & won't even bother going into a public session.  One improvement I noticed is that the host

can kick randoms from the lobby as opposed to randoms kicking the host in GTA 4.  The sight alone

of supercars in Star Junction still..... Let's just say I don't miss it.

One improvement that comes to mind would be giving the host the ability to pause & kick problem

players & if there's a reasonable suspicion of cheating tag the session for review.  If someone is

c aught cheating, they're banned.  Same for hosts that repeatedly make false reports.

What sucks about aiming by default in GTAOnline.... You're targeting NPC firstly, rather then targeting actual players, though they gun for you at the same time. I always lose a first shot because of this!

ARGH!!! I like to aim even if I have to manually, but if there's an NPC mad at you, your gun automatiically trains on them. Other players have been relatively laid back as far as my experience, there has been heavy killing bouts, but they don't leave you scrambling to leave a session, there's plenty Rockstar added to the GTAO LS map to allow users all sorts of activity

I knew there was a reason we got along so well.  I have had it w/ (insert LOTS of derogatory names

here) & won't even bother going into a public session.  One improvement I noticed is that the host

can kick randoms from the lobby as opposed to randoms kicking the host in GTA 4.  The sight alone

of supercars in Star Junction still..... Let's just say I don't miss it.

One improvement that comes to mind would be giving the host the ability to pause & kick problem

players & if there's a reasonable suspicion of cheating tag the session for review.  If someone is

c aught cheating, they're banned.  Same for hosts that repeatedly make false reports.

I was doing a race, Vinewood NIghts I believe) and I couldn't pass a guy in the dirt corners climbing up so I just waited until he spun out and made my move. Only 15 seconds later to be rammed off the top of the hill. I can't stand that. We ended up going back to freemode together.. he had a sticky bomb attached to his van and a large bounty on his head. 'Bad sport' rating or not.. completely worth it.