Euphoria / RAGE

BlackListedB

Not really a specific thread about gameplay but I wanted to ask for opinions on major aspects for GTA V to evolve to GTA VI, as such, what do you think of the evolution Rockstar have undergone with R.A.G.E and middleware Euphoria? Will this be the last generation or major release using the two? Thoughts?

The physics in GTA V is amazing. I love what it has done for the series so hopefully it never goes away and they can just keep improving it in whatever ways possible. Seriously it is sometimes difficult playing other open world games without Euphoria, I love it that much. The random jump button I'm sure you guys are aware of in GTA V is a testament to that, just so many fun possiblities are opened up with the physics. So I can't say enough great things about it.

Well, as far as how bodies react, I've already basically panned car and truck collisions in as much as I want to be honest about what I was expecting, I can recall there being some issues with how control is of the characters themselves, seemingly not improved over the last few games (not entirely, mind you), but, like I said before, crouching, what happened to it?!? It's basically futile as a capability for the game, it just seems silly to me. Anyway, These areas maybe improved by using some new engine to gap that enviable ability to offer Next Gen MultiPlatform game titles, as the press was saying and I reported as well, MS press seems to think there'd be less multiplatforming with the new consoles out the end of this year.

I don't think we can really see that clearly yet!

Edited by BlackListedB

• 1 month later...

The single dumbest thing R* ever did was NOT taking the $50 mil from their GTA4/Microsoft

deal & buying into the Havoc game engine.  I have literally lost count of how many times I've

died (in game) between GTA4, Red Dead & GTA5/GTAO simply because I lost the ability to

spin on my heal to turn around as opposed to plotting a wide sweeping turn.  The insult to

injury comes from the little message that I committed suicide.

In certain other games (cough cough Saints cough cough) I never have that problem.

At least there's no horses in GTA, got tired of them falling out of trees on me in Red Dead.

The animals in GTA seems like carry over afterthoughts from Red Dead Red, but to me it just points out the strengths of Rockstar San Diego versus Rockstar North. In the early days of the RN team, the fight against graphic superiority was fought with the argument that good gaming wasn't contingent upon killer state of the art graphics, but the whole of Rockstar's success lies in moving graphics, AI and gameplay forward, and hopefully there's enough there to appease all the fans.

I love the fact I could call a horse when I was stranded, you have to do much more walking in GTA when you lose your wheels! hahaha

In some ways, Euphoria middleware seems improved sideways, where the actions of bumping, falling, incorrect movement seem to be hindered further. It's got a lot of evolution left since Rockstar adopted it, but the thing of that is a new engine may need to be utilized for Xbox One and PS4.

In time we'll know if the software can morph enough to be used in a better incarnation for new gen hardware. I think we'll be hearing something regarding this in the next year to 3 or so.

Edited by BlackListedB