When meeting Trevor..

Sherman

***Minor Spoilers***

I can't believe he killed Johnny! After the GTA4 episode, TLAD, I thought he was pretty bad ass. Messed up, sure.. but definitely not expecting him to get killed being a bitch. Awesome cameo, nonetheless. Also, is that Wade from San Andreas?

I kinda got spoiled on this before I started the game. I had heard Johnny K was gonna be in it, but only heard they made him an incredibly huge [insert female anatomy here]. I either didn't believe it, or I thought they embellished it. I thought, no way Rockstar would do that to any past protagonist. They've practically immortalized Claude, Tommy, CJ and Niko. I guess the writers just didn't have much respect for a leather-clad biker with principles?

• Like 1

I kinda got spoiled on this before I started the game. I had heard Johnny K was gonna be in it, but only heard they made him an incredibly huge [insert female anatomy here]. I either didn't believe it, or I thought they embellished it. I thought, no way Rockstar would do that to any past protagonist. They've practically immortalized Claude, Tommy, CJ and Niko. I guess the writers just didn't have much respect for a leather-clad biker with principles?

Johnny is in an entirely different batch from Claude, Tommy, CJ, and Niko. He's no protagonist, he's a secondary character in GTA IV in which you got a more in depth look into his life through playing him in DLC. Killing him didn't have as much to do with him being a "pussy" rather than explicitly showing how ruthless and impulsive a character Trevor is. I thought it was one of the best scenes in the game, btw.

Who was Wade in GTA SA?

edit - urban mind if i throw you a friend request on xbox live. artur and i could use another killa', and sherman will be tagging along in our romping around when he gets back online

Edited by Nate10

Who was Wade in GTA SA?

I'm wondering this as well, because I don't recall anyone named Wade being in GTA: SA. Maybe he's being confused with Dwaine of Jethro and Dwaine fame? Pronunciation of their names is somewhat similar.

As far as Johnny K goes, I was certainly surprised by his demise. I didn't really like him at first, but having played TLAD through several times, he grew on me. I was fearing for Luis going through the rest of the game... :rofl2:

Edited by Spartan198

Who was Wade in GTA SA?

I'm wondering this as well, because I don't recall anyone named Wade being in GTA: SA. Maybe he's being confused with Dwaine of Jethro and Dwaine fame? Pronunciation of their names is somewhat similar.

As far as Johnny K goes, I was certainly surprised by his demise. I didn't really like him at first, but having played TLAD through several times, he grew on me. I was fearing for Luis going through the rest of the game... :rofl2:

Now that I think about it.. maybe I am thinking of Dwaine.. woops :P Haha.

It kinda freaked me out when Trevor killed Johnny...but I just don't believe it was real...I mean...nobody ever confirms that Johnny has actually been killed...the casket at the biker camp could contain any of the bikers I had killed at that point...plus, in regard to killing characters in this game..I tossed a sticky bomb onto the back of Tracy's chair while she was sunbathing...I blew it up and watched her body burn, then shot her in the head at close range with a combat shotgun...after leaving the area I get a text from her telling me the I was a jerk and that she was gonna make me pay her hospital bill...So I'm not even convinced that Devin Weston is dead...I foresee many downloadable scenarios for this game...Patricia's husband could be involved as well as The Lost...Packie could do some more stuff as well as Lamar...and the threats from the Meriweather guy at the end lead me to believe he will be popping up again...

nobody ever confirms that Johnny has actually been killed

Ashley does. She leaves a post on Trevor's LifeInvader page (of all places) stating that he would pay for killing Johnny.

I never looked at life invader...is Ashley the chick from that same scene..? Because in my game I put a bullet in her head too while she was bent over Johnny's body...lol...I can't resist...it's a violent game so I kill pretty much everyone I can...

• 1 month later...

Johnnys death was a poor writing and overrushed decision just to make Trevor look like a "bad-ass". Johnny Klebiz was so out of character... Ok Trevor we get it your fuckinh edgy and cool...Woooo thats like being the smartest kid with down syndrome...

i think it's a brilliant writing man, and i get the hunch that Dan Houser don't like Johnny as a character too much, and when you see the end of TLAD, it was bound to happen, either got stomped by Trevor or died of overdose while being heartbroken by Ash. Dan Houser seems to show his other side of the coin on GTA characters. Johnny wasn't sober when you see him on V, and he wasn't for a very long time, it gives edge on how not all of Houser's characters has a happy ending, and on this one, Johnny became the man he really hates, and died because of it.

Edited by surrealistic ArtSweet

You've gotta consider what Johnny went through in TLAD. Billy and Brian were his brothers. He brokered a truce with the Angels of Death only for Billy to basically shit on the effort. Then Billy set him up to be killed by the Triads only for it to backfire and get himself arrested, which Brian blamed Johnny for and constantly accused him of being a rat. This, in turn, turned half of the Alderney/LC Lost---again, Johnny's brothers--against him and triggered a civil war that all but destroyed the chapter, something Johnny had put his very heart and soul into and would have willingly died to protect. Then, to add insult to injury, Billy turns states and Johnny is forced to kill both him and Brian. At this point, the chapter was basically destroyed, leaving Johnny and the remaining brothers truly lost. Everything they'd believed in was gone. All it took to finally bring Johnny down was getting back with Ashley. And here we find ourselves five years later, staring down at the corpse of the shell that was once Johnny Klebitz,

One may think it's "out of character", but it's a classic downward spiral that turns a great man into a mere shadow. I've seen it happen myself in real life. There comes a point where you just break, no matter how strong or determined you are. And Johnny broke. That's all there is to say about it.

i agree with Spartan198, what happened to Johnny is only a mirror for human mentality and breaking point, Johnny's life was never a good one. what has become of him is only what to be expected when someone's in his deepest fall. trevor only put him out of his misery, and Ash? we all know she's a bigger slut than Forrest Gump's Jenny. seeing Johnny's obsession for her, it would only be logical for him to defend her, even at his state.

Edited by surrealistic ArtSweet

I don't remember Wade from San An off the bat, but I do recall as you unlock San Fierro and pick up guys for your garage there, along with the Truth, you're referring to that mission moment?

Anywho, I avoided these before so I wouldn't have the experience spoiled. Johnny meets his maker sooner then expected, but we did know there's the biker conflict with Trevor, that was mentioned before the game's release in press reviews, but they didn't lead on about specifics. At one point it sounded like your general gang conflicts that develop, whether it be the mob or gangs represented in groups within GTA, we see this now with the East Los Santos gang bangers. The problem is, unlike GTA of old, they don't spawn in conflicting locations, this may have not been intentional, but it was truly funny as hell. I've gotten one gang mad and chase me to the opposing gang location. It's tricky to do because they disappear so easily, and they just won't travel too far from their locations.

I thought the name sounds familiar, but I think Rockstar always have to brain storm about names, for streets, products, people, each time new additions to their games are done, so it's likely they pick a name more then once that they find they relate to in some way.

Anywho, There were a cast of characters in all prior GTAs, Vice City I recall, when Vercetti would buy a property. In GTA V, when you buy a property you get texts from a fictional owner, so there's always a need for a person to be represented in these facets of the game, whether you meet them or not. If you look at the Fictional BLEETS that emulate Twitter in the game, I believe there are people on your character's account that don't meet with you in the game, but they form the back story that each person in reality would have.

Edited by BlackListedB

• 2 weeks later...