What's cookin'? Oh, Xbox mobo

BlackListedB

Hey guys....gals, I want a show of hands, has anyone HERE tried the oven remedy for Red Ring of Death Xbox360s?

I got two someone tossed out a few weeks back, they are both RROD and were reassembled to look untampered with, but they are now disassembled and ready to cook up into a proper gaming recipe. So, I'm trying to figure out if cooking these with just a minimal wrap of the outer board corners with tin foil might be enough, what say you??

Adding something of an update, for $26 I got a complete "phat" BluRay replacement that finally arrived the other day off eBay. As you may know, a key in involved in marrying motherboard and optical drive logic boards in both the Xbox360 and PS3, it seems if you lose one of the boards, there simply is no EASY way to recover if at all, GAME functionality, you may just have a VERY expensive CD and DVD player, and perhaps, standard BluRay movies on PS3, but you won't be able to play games due to their unique coding.

I'd almost bid on what seemed like a deal for an Xbox360 mobo, but it had no drive, the owner tossed it out long ago, so it's not worth even saving $25 dollars on it.