Newswire comments growing and Growing!

BlackListedB

Over 15,000 comments after two plus weeks announcing the delay and Rockstar already have replied to a handful of somewhat sour post comments condemning Rockstar for holding out on box art and more additional information. Sound off on if you replied there, or what you think of the feedback on the Newswire story here at TGTAP.....

Comment section link I refer to for reference:

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswire/article/48591/grand-theft-auto-v-is-coming-9172013.html/#comments

Edited by BlackListedB

The sense of entitlement some people have is astounding. These people seem to want to know EVERYTHING about the game before it comes out and if they don't get that information they start crying their eyes out.

Rockstar delete literally thousands of comments too, so you're only seeing a sample of the feedback they get. I don't bother commenting on newswire posts, everything gets buried anyway. The only responses people see are those short before and after they make their own post.

Personally, I couldn't give a fuck. I'm glad they've delayed it. Hopefully these "fans" fuck off and find some other game to complain about instead of trying to ruin it for the rest of us. On a more practical note, it gives Rockstar more time to make the game better, it also gives me time to get shit done before I have to start working overtime on this site.

The sense of entitlement some people have is astounding. These people seem to want to know EVERYTHING about the game before it comes out and if they don't get that information they start crying their eyes out.

Yes well Rockstar isn't exactly generous reasonable when it comes to information. Is it so bad to want to know what you're buying in advance?

Edited by TUN3R

What irks me is the Rockstar reply to Newswire comments address the issue in a typical vague press release manner, and it seems even Strauss Zelnick of Take2 was adopting this line earlier about no pre-announcement about the announcement of the game, etc. However, it's relatively well known that both Sam Houser and Dan Houser cherish their anonymity behind the scenes without a media spotlight, as do other key figures who've gone on record about GTA in the past, I just asked them most recently to give us an idea where the next best press release will be?... Magazine, Internet, or....?

What irks me is the Rockstar reply to Newswire comments address the issue in a typical vague press release manner, and it seems even Strauss Zelnick of Take2 was adopting this line earlier about no pre-announcement about the announcement of the game, etc. However, it's relatively well known that both Sam Houser and Dan Houser cherish their anonymity behind the scenes without a media spotlight, as do other key figures who've gone on record about GTA in the past, I just asked them most recently to give us an idea where the next best press release will be?... Magazine, Internet, or....?

Nobody is asking them for their credit card numbers or their social security codes, or anything regarding their personal lives. Hell I personally couldn't give a lesser f*ck if one of the Housers was secretly moonlighting as a serial killer.

The purpose of releasing gameplays and demos (or at least some detailed information) prior to release is simply showcasing the game, letting the customers know what they are buying, it's something perfectly reasonable to ask for. Hell it's something we (or just me aparently) shouldn't even have to ask for. Trailers and press releases simply generate hype, they don't showcase the product itself unless that product is a movie.

Edited by TUN3R

• 1 month later...