No more Winows Live?

LDoubleU

So I have heard that Microsoft are discontinuing windows live and all of its associated applications. I was wondering if any of you have:

A. heard about this

and

B. Have any idea about what's going to happen to games that run on games for windows live?

Personally I am quite glad that Windows live is being discontinued as I have only ever had trouble with it.

Everyone who uses it should have heard about it, they emailed everyone, plus it was pretty big news if you read any tech sites. But it's only the messenger service that's being shut down. And it's only due to the fact they own Skype now, so it's absolutely pointless running two systems, especially as Skype is far superior in every way. But yeah your email etc. will all continue to function as normal.

Personally, everyone I actually care to talk to switched to Skype long ago, or I speak to on Facebook messenger, so the fact WLM is now merged with Skype makes barely any difference to me.

As for GFWL I don't know, but they really should shut that piece of shit down. Or at least make it exactly the same as Xbox Live and fix it's more retarded 'features'. They are changing Xbox Live's communications service to Skype so I'm wondering if GFWL might eventually become like that.

• Like 1

Everyone who uses it should have heard about it, they emailed everyone, plus it was pretty big news if you read any tech sites. But it's only the messenger service that's being shut down. And it's only due to the fact they own Skype now, so it's absolutely pointless running two systems, especially as Skype is far superior in every way. But yeah your email etc. will all continue to function as normal.

Personally, everyone I actually care to talk to switched to Skype long ago, or I speak to on Facebook messenger, so the fact WLM is now merged with Skype makes barely any difference to me.

As for GFWL I don't know, but they really should shut that piece of shit down. Or at least make it exactly the same as Xbox Live and fix it's more retarded 'features'. They are changing Xbox Live's communications service to Skype so I'm wondering if GFWL might eventually become like that.

Seems so. Games for Windows never really caught on if you ask me. Some of the other major franchises like The Elder Scrolls or Mafia made use of Steam for community features and copy protection.

Xbox Live IS a retarded feature. How exactly does it enhance the gaming experience? By letting you watch HBO while playing? Well I could do that, assuming it's not as dumb as it sounds, with just two keys: ALT + TAB. PC's don't need Xbox live, they need properly developed software, that includes programs, games and Windows.

GFWL simplty makes games easier to pirate, It's just part of Microsoft's anti PC gaming campaign. Make registration serials universal and let Rockstar wonder why 10000 copies of GTA IV were registered last month but not one buck was wired in their accounts. I'll give you a clue: it's not because the PC clientele being a bunch of freeloading... freeloaders.

Edited by TUN3R