Director Tony Scott's death

So sad to hear of the tragic suicide of director Tony Scott, famous for his work helming some major Hollywood films.

He apparently had been diagnosed with cancer and decided matter of factly to end his life jumping from a bridge in California

I found this out watching CNN news, so more will be known about what transpired later in the week. His family is in mourning and wanted to keep things in private, however, it's been noted that he had some journals or papers in his car, when he drove to the bridge to jump from, We'll be hearing more about those as this comes to the public attention.

Our hearts our heavy with thoughts and prayers to those survived in the Scott family. Many in Hollywood are on Twitter or voicing their respects over this sad, sad news

Just shocking to hear this first thing when I got up!

http://www.cnn.com/2012/08/20/showbiz/obit-tony-scott/index.html

Edited by BlackListedB

Yeah this is sad. Such a talented man.

If I was diagnosed with incurable brain cancer and had the kind of money he has, I would simply try to get as much experimental treatment as possible. Then, even if it didn't work, at least it would in some way help doctors/scientists in understanding why it didn't work and help them to come up with a different procedure/medicine which might have a better chance at succeeding.

Also, it's pretty sad that euthanasia is still illegal in most countries. My guess is that he commit suicide because he didn't want to end up in constant pain and get to a point where he couldn't do anything about it. At least in this case he was able to end things on his terms while he was fully capable to do so.

But yeah, very sad. He made some great films. I hope Ridley continues to direct.

For all the notable people who have passed, I wish they'd do some proper memorial TV programming. Like something for the late Dennis Hopper and Sherman Hemsley as well. For me, hearing of Ronnie Montrose suicide is just as maddening, the man was a legend on guitar and medical news hit him hard as well, saying he didn't want to become a burden to his family so he chose to end his life. I just can't ever agree with the idea of suicide.