MP3 Problem in Vice City

DBUG

Please note: I have searched the forum and on google for a solution beforehand and not come up with a solution or even a question the same.

As most of you are probably aware, the sound quality on MP3 Radio is appauling, and I was wondering if there was a fix for this. I can understand Vice City being set in the 1980's wanting to emulate mono sound, but in that case the radio stations shouldn't be better quality than the charecters own collection - it wouldn't make sense even if he was supposed to be using atrac.

So my question is this: Is there a patch, or fix or even a mod that changes the MP3 player, maybe even a mod that allows more control but has a secondary effect of cleaning the audio up. Or should I try using a different format such a WAV or WMA? Or should I re-encode my mp3 collection to a different bit rate/ sound quality?

Thanks in advance for reading,

DBUG.

Haven't played VC on PC for years but I can't say I ever noticed MP3's being played at a bad quality. I would have thought the game played the file directly and as such it would sound exactly the same as when played in any normal media player.

What bitrate are your MP3s?

By the way, you can't simply re-encode your MP3s to a higher bitrate, that won't improve the quality. You'll need original source files. So if you actually ripped them off a CD then you'll need to do that again. Or from a lossless format such as WAV or FLAC.