Max Payne 3 Fansite Event - Hands On Impressions

Chris

header.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, me and a number of other webmasters were invited to New York City to experience Rockstar's upcoming masterpiece, Max Payne 3. I've written up an article detailing the happenings at the event, as well as my hands-on impressions of the game. I've tried to keep mission/story/multiplayer details as general and vague as possible, so I don't spoil much for you. If you have any questions feel free to ask here in the forums, I'll do my best to answer what I can, if I can.

Read my impressions: Max Payne 3 Fansite Event Hands-on Impressions

I should also point out that two of our staff members were also at the event:

• Gerard, who runs Grand Theft Wiki - you can read his review of the game here
  • rockstarrem, who runs our Max Payne sister site Payne Killers - you can see his thoughts over there

• Like 1

Hard to say really because I died a lot. But I didn't even mind, I loved playing the game so much that it was great to try the part again. I'd say they are a decent length though, they're not over too quick, but they're not frustratingly long either. Sorry to be so vague but that's the only way I can describe it really, actually have no idea how long we were playing for.

The game is pretty fluid - there are no loading screens, just cutscenes - so it's not like a huge clunky "end of this chapter, click to continue"

I guess if you don't die too much you spend about half an hour in each place, and there were 3 places that we played in. I think that was all part of the same Chapter as there was a bigger change afterwards.

I'll have to clarify this, but I THINK it's a bit of both. I think it gradually fills up while you're in a combat situation. So for example if you're hiding in cover while guys are shooting at you, it'll gradually fill up. I'm not 100% on this though, I'll try and find out for sure. Probably killing enemies increases it faster either way though.

@Chris / @Gerard How does the bullet time meter work? ie... Does it fills up automatically like in MP 2 or do you have to kill your enemies like in MP 1? (single player mode)

Yeah, bullet time fills up gradually in case you can't kill anybody. But it fills up quicker with every kill.

Post at our sister site that's dedicated to Max Payne if you have any other questions :)http://paynekillers.com/forums/