Updating Awards/Achievements/Trophies system

Hello TGTAParians,

34oyeqe.jpg

I would like to suggest an idea of a new Achievement System, now I use to be a webmaster myself, so yeah and I have seen this been done before.

Well I would to suggest that each award is worth 10G whatever 50G (numbers and G'S are variable)

so that we get awarded for getting awards.And your points would be shown above your username when you make a post.

35l4ww7.png

Now I know this is possible because I have seen an Xensforo (I believe it's spelt) forum board do this, I'm sure there will be a developer who would have developed some type of plugin for I.P. Board.

The benefits are huge though! We would have a community were people would want to get as many achievements and points then everybody else, there friends maybe? There enemies maybe (lulz)?

Anyways you wouldn't have to do (G'S) as Xbox 360 does but yes it could be anything Trophy Points? Reward Points? Anything.

Just because you guys probably don't vision what I do:

vxz21j.png

Just trying to help the ol' community.

( I just love to make logos ;D)

Sorry but this seems rather gimmicky. In the past we've had similar systems involving forum points or whatever with various GTA related items you can buy as a kind of status symbol. It doesn't bring "huge benefits" as you say - It tends to encourage spam among people who actually care about fake internet points, and everyone else just doesn't care. We'd rather have people posting here because they enjoy doing so and find the content useful and informative, and ideally have something worthwhile to contribute back themselves.

Okay then :(. But for some forums it does tend to work out, but the achievements I'm talking about is not ALL POSTING for points, say if you had a competition on making a review or just talk about gta 5 and if you won you would get the points, and if you did do a competition that would be awesome but it would have to have a small category that only mods can read, and delete all the threads at the end or something like that instead of a big topic and people stealing ideas :)

It's nice to see someone making a decent well-thought-through suggestion, rather than just complaining!

As Chris suggests, the main problem with on-forum reward schemes is that they reward the wrong things. Generally with all these systems, you get points for high-volume activity, regardless of quality.

So someone who (without actually spamming) posts 1,000 low-quality posts, replying to every single topic with useless "me too" comments or repeats what has already been said would get thousands of points; whereas a member who posts occasional but very high-quality posts, helping other users or providing deep insights would only get a handful.

As a result, this encourages the high-volume low-quality posts, and those who were contributing less frequently feel less valued. Already the "post count" does not indicate the value of a member, so adding another measure that rewards quantity over quality would make that worse.

Some systems add bonus points for other activities (like voting or starting topics) but these still don't reward quality or any sense of value. Integration with the gang system is a possibility but that would still just be occasional and not encouraging people to get involved in the forum in the ways we want them to.

Awards were different because they were chosen by the community, and alongside the 'fun' and joke awards were some genuine ones which showed who was most valued by other users' - not perfect but a good indication of the general consensus of active users.

Giving points for each award won would be good, but these would only be awards to a handful of members, once a year, and not be an attainable goal for the average user. If we tried to fix this by having rewards every month, their meaning and value would be hugely diluted and open to massive attacks.

I guess your idea of competitions is a more everyday idea whilst still rewarding value, but it is a highly-subjective high-maintenance staff-run process. To make them worthwhile, and to get as many users involved as possible, we'd have to run them regularly and select several winners each time. And again it's not encouraging people to contribute day-to-day in the rest of the forum, it only encourages them to enter the competitions (even if their contribution to that competition is positive).

I'd like to see these content-based competitions (and the write-only subforums are easily possible), but I don't think having a points system would be very useful for us as we stand.

I like the way you guy are thinking . I think you should do rewards every 6 months but add some new spice e.g. like the most active user, most creative member etc.

Yes, I would like to see competitions as when the average non-signed up user looks at the thread, he/she may want to join and participate in the competition. But the only downside to that would be what to reward users ( really there's not much) but just to give you and Chris and the moderators ( rockstarrem, Spaz, MrLlama etc.) some ideas, it could be a gift card [ e-mail, because this community has members all over the world (shipping charges will apply) ] I would suggest something like Amazon Gift Cards, or maybe Ultimate Game Card or the Steam Gift System.

Edited by DarkMeshy

• 1 month later...

I disagreed with this guy up until the virtual gamecards came into play and my spending addiction was like, "FUCK YEAH WIN ALL THE AWARDS!"............ I guess that's technically support for their idea of it simply creating competitive drive as opposed to valuable activity.

Oh, and I chuckled at the pictures, being that the names are crossed out yet they are clearly identifiable as two distinct people. Odd combination of people, I might add.

And YES this topic is hella old, but it's the latest in this subforum AND I was half-mentioned. So there.

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hello TGTAParians,

34oyeqe.jpg

I would like to suggest an idea of a new Achievement System, now I use to be a webmaster myself, so yeah and I have seen this been done before.

Well I would to suggest that each award is worth 10G whatever 50G (numbers and G'S are variable)

so that we get awarded for getting awards.And your points would be shown above your username when you make a post.

35l4ww7.png

Now I know this is possible because I have seen an Xensforo (I believe it's spelt) forum board do this, I'm sure there will be a developer who would have developed some type of plugin for I.P. Board.

The benefits are huge though! We would have a community were people would want to get as many achievements and points then everybody else, there friends maybe? There enemies maybe (lulz)?

Anyways you wouldn't have to do (G'S) as Xbox 360 does but yes it could be anything Trophy Points? Reward Points? Anything.

Just because you guys probably don't vision what I do:

vxz21j.png

Just trying to help the ol' community.

( I just love to make logos ;D)