Little Disappointed?

Red_91

I've seen the trailer a fair few times now, and all I can think of is this is just IV with a LA theme, with the same/similar time setting which means its unlikely we will see characters from IV (which isn't that bad I suppose).

Don't get me wrong I am still excited and the trailer has made me more curious and I will get the game but I just feel they could have done a little more. If San Fierro and Las Venturas is included I think it will make it much better.

Is anyone else a little disappointed?

For me it seems like R* have really heeded the word of the fans here. The world is more alive with their trademark humour that ever, the world has more character than ever. It seems like it has all the technical prowess of IV, but casts off the shackles of it's claustrophobic environment to really let the writing (that WAS exceptional in IV) shine through.

tl;dr: no

• Like 1

Well I was quite happy for a San Andreas setting (any or all of the cities), I wanted modern day again, I wanted fun shit like jets and jetskis and bikes etc. back. Seems to have all that. Way too early to tell much about gameplay, characters etc.

I would be happy if SF and LV are added, I still kinda wanted a 70s setting, but can't see that happening any time soon because gameplay would obviously take a hit since you can't have mobile/internet.

Im probably being a little pessimistic because I am still curious, I just hope the second trailer gives a bit more detail on the game.

The only thing from this trailer that might disappoint me is if the game really doesn't have the 3 cities. I mean it can still be a fantastic GTA with one city, but to cut the other two out is like, uh, imagine a chick with awesome boobs, then she cut them off. It'd be like that, words escape me atm, sorry for the half baked comparison.

• Like 1

Funny I had the exact opposite feeling. The palm trees and beach were similar to Vice City's Oceandrive, but I was estatic to see San Andreas return. I love Vice City, but the possibilties are far greater with San Andreas. Think about the things that Vice City doesn't have: mountains, multiple cities, deserts, forests, different terrain, and planes. It looks like based on the trailer that they are paying closer attention to the details of the cities (based on Los Santos) so that is a plus.

Not dissapointed Im looking forward to grabbing a hog and drive it into the contryside hills.. San andreas had most everything i wanted but it did have alot of cartoonish look. Just wish theyd bring back more of the excelent humor which was the trademark in VC.. WE WANT CAMEROS.. Would be nice to meet CJ again.. Perhaps even Tommy

I thought it was Vice City at first (the first few seconds looked like it) but I love how Los Santos is looking. I also think it could be all of San Andreas as we saw Chilliad and the freeway (forgot it's name) that apparently links some cities together, forgot which ones. I love how it's looking so far, though.

The trailer was only disappointing to some I believe because of the word 'trailer'. People are used to a trailer being the all-revealing imagery leading up to the final product. However, Rockstar Games seems to be using multimedia to it's fullest dynamic by giving little pieces. Since these days the internet allows game developers both indie and major to avoid expensive television advertisement much more than they were able to in the past. This tactic more room for merchandising and other content.

They are also very good at dropping little hints of things to come in various places in games. There were lots of hints for an SA revisit so im pretty sure what that is.. Though at first i was like.. V for Vice city.. DO´H.. why didnt i see this.. But that was just after watching the first seconds of the trailer with the beach and the miami vice settings. The era looks alot like we would see florida in Baywatch no ?

Well it's only the 1st trailer. But from what I've seen I'm very excited :) Jets, planes and LOOK HOW BIG THAT MOUNTAIN IS

(Removed image)

Just had a thought:

1) Euphoria engine

2) BMX

3) Chiliad

4) ??????

5) Profit.

Hadn't thought of that one yet :D imagine bailing out of one of the jets?

The mountain looks fucking insane, pardon my French. I want to drive up it in a 4WD... then drive off the top of course.

They do say it's "the biggest" GTA venture in the announcement, and while that is probably not in a literal sense, it probably will be very different

The map will be huge for sure, I mean, I understand not having planes in IV due to how Liberty City is and all, but now, it'd be foolish not to include that.

Just had a thought:

1) Euphoria engine

2) BMX

3) Chiliad

4) ??????

5) Profit.

Sounds like a plan. I also want to try out the classic never-ending-nitrous-fueled-ATV-backflips off the top of the mountain. It really looks amazing in the trailer, can't wait to see the rest of it, as well as the rest of the 're-imagined' landscape. Edit: whoops you said re imaging haha, my bad.

Not dissapointed Im looking forward to grabbing a hog and drive it into the contryside hills.. San andreas had most everything i wanted but it did have alot of cartoonish look. Just wish theyd bring back more of the excelent humor which was the trademark in VC.. WE WANT CAMEROS.. Would be nice to meet CJ again.. Perhaps even Tommy

I'm guessing you meant 'cameos'* unless you spelled Camaros (the cars) wrong. It would be interesting to get some insight on how the city changed since 1992. Maybe OG Loc is still around! :cigar:

Edited by Artur

Definitely not disappointed. Maybe it is the hype or my imagination, but I couldn't be happier that there is officially another GTA coming up. That being said, I liked IV over San Andreas (probably because of the graphics, engine and overall better improvements). But just the atmosphere alone in GTA V however, is just gorgeous compared to the blue-ish, dull one of GTA IV. The engine of Grand Theft Auto IV in Los Santos, with an appealing orange sunshine, planes, an open landscape, and a good story to tell? Sign me up.

Edited by NotYouHaha

For me it seems like R* have really heeded the word of the fans here. The world is more alive with their trademark humour that ever, the world has more character than ever. It seems like it has all the technical prowess of IV, but casts off the shackles of it's claustrophobic environment to really let the writing (that WAS exceptional in IV) shine through.

tl;dr: no

Exactly what I was thinking, IV's graphic's but with San Andreas's awesome gameplay and exploration. Plus me and my mate have quite a few 'smoking spot's' on san andreas. When we're playing 2 player, go to a spot.. Roll one up and hang out at where ever it is we are.. And with him moving to Canada soon this is most certainly a good thing.. Because San an will now have online multiplayer! So we will be able to go to some of our old smoking spot's after he's moved away xD

100% not dissapointed, San An is my favorite GTA game.. And if I could choose any location for a new GTA game, this would be it!

But gotta remember not to get too overly hyped like I did with IV, but it is very hard not to get excited at same time lol.. We will see I guess, but I can pretty much guarentee this.. Its gonna be a whole load better then GTA IV was!! And I hope it'll still have the jetpack, well.. Everything that was in the original san an game but with new things would be nice

Shame, due to todays announcement, it probably will only be LS. Well, Rockstar haven't put out a bad game yet have they? I mean, I never played the Table Tennis one, but R* is known for not fucking up.

What?!?! Why?! They have to include the WHOLE of san andreas man they just have to, what part's would be missing if they only set it in LS? They cant do that to us man, that's like cutting out half the game!!

Definitely not disappointed. Maybe it is the hype or my imagination, but I couldn't be happier that there is officially another GTA coming up. That being said, I liked IV over San Andreas (probably because of the graphics, engine and overall better improvements). But just the atmosphere alone in GTA V however, is just gorgeous compared to the blue-ish, dull one of GTA IV. The engine of Grand Theft Auto IV in Los Santos, with an appealing orange sunshine, planes, an open landscape, and a good story to tell? Sign me up.

You like IV better then San Andreas? ><

Gimmi gameplay over graphics ANY DAY

Edited by Red_Squirrel_UK

I'm a little dissappointed of several things...

1st the graphics, they look LA Noire-ish. GTA IV had style I'll give Rockstar that much...

Then the cars, some of them resemble their real life counterparts about 90% and the remaining 10% are some random body mods that totally ruin the design.... others are just flat out ugly. The Huntley from IV was awesome, this one is... bah. I also haven't spotted any customized cars...

Lastly, I haven't seen any shooting... just a few guns that still look like crap.

What I think would be really cool... Is if there just keeping the other 2 city's from us. I think it would be an amazing downloadable add on to gta 5. Idk I just really am going to miss having the entire state of San Andreas to roam around in. They better bring LV and SF back eventually. I'm sure they will, it's just a question of if it's in this game... An add on... Or another game. I would prefer the add on idea so I CAN roam the entire state.

Yes, but I'm not saying that I like GTA IV just because of the graphical improvements. San Andreas had a lot of features, yes, but I feel GTA IV was better due to many things. A better wanted system, more diverse pedestrians, more advanced AI, a better vehicle damage system, a better storyline (I didn't enjoy San Andreas' gangster storyline as much). I did like San Andreas, I had spent many, many hours playing with mods as well as SA:MP and MTA:SA. Still, I think GTA IV is a better game if you don't take into account the mods.

Sorry for getting a little off-topic there, but hopefully GTA V will make both GTA IV and San Andreas fans happy.

Yes, but I'm not saying that I like GTA IV just because of the graphical improvements. San Andreas had a lot of features, yes, but I feel GTA IV was better due to many things. A better wanted system, more diverse pedestrians, more advanced AI, a better vehicle damage system, a better storyline (I didn't enjoy San Andreas' gangster storyline as much). I did like San Andreas, I had spent many, many hours playing with mods as well as SA:MP and MTA:SA. Still, I think GTA IV is a better game if you don't take into account the mods.

Sorry for getting a little off-topic there, but hopefully GTA V will make both GTA IV and San Andreas fans happy.

Yeah some aspect's of GTA IV were better then Sa, but did you ever find walking on foot abit 'clunky'.. I dunno, I feel moving around on foot on SA feel's alot more 'fluid' and 'natural'.. Maybe it's just me. Also the wanted system I would say is the best improved thing about GTA.

GTA V will indeed make me very happy, but as to wether or not it will be better than SA for me.. Well, we'll have to see. I am hoping everything that was in San Andreas, will be in GTA V plus new stuff and new engine ect.

Artur. Yeah sorry. English isnt my main language. Id love to get some interaction with Jeff.. uhmm i mean O.G LOC..

I do really miss the old radiospots from vice City too.. I mean.. "Degenertron" commercials were a laugh.

Im really looking forward to seeing how much everythings changed. Im sure it has alot. SA was based around the hood but i guess most of that is now urban metro now.