VC Lara Croft Box Player Skin?

Nero

So I've downloaded and installed the VC Lara Croft Box 2.5, and I also installed it as a player model.

But when I play the game the skin looks all messed up because there is no skin in the pack so you're stuck with the normal tommy skin on the lara croft model, is there any way to fix this?

Thanks.

edit: only the base skin looks like this, I just replaced some of the textures for the other outfits, and when I change clothes everything looks normal, but when I change back to the outfit you start the game with, it looks all garbled.

Edited by Nero

So you've replaced Tommy's model (.dff) right? Well just use VC's skin feature to apply the texture to Tommy's model. I don't think it needs any remapping but I've never tried it before, this is just theory...

This is just for the base outfit.

Edited by TUN3R

Here is what it says in the mod description/installation instructions:

"The models each use multiple texture files so in order to use either of them as a player model the file names would have to be changed to those of a player clothing pickup."

Here is an appropriate time to turn the caps lock on so that people who do not read directions may hopefully pay a bit more attention. YOU CAN NOT SET THE MOD FILES TO USE THE DEFAULT PLAYER MODEL! WHICH MEANS THAT YOU CAN NOT USE PLAYER.DFF OR PLAYER.TXD. WHY? BECAUSE THE DEFAULT PLAYER MODEL USES A SINGLE SKIN AND IS SET UP TO USE ONLY 1 FROM THE SKIN SELECTION OPTION. Because the Lara Croft models use multiple textures... YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE 1 OF THE CLOTHING PICKUPS. Like play10.dff and play10.txd.

Okay? Understand now? Is it clear enough for you or should I use even bigger letters? If you still can't figure it out then you probably shouldn't be trying to install mods in the first place.

Here is what it says in the mod description/installation instructions:

"The models each use multiple texture files so in order to use either of them as a player model the file names would have to be changed to those of a player clothing pickup."

Here is an appropriate time to turn the caps lock on so that people who do not read directions may hopefully pay a bit more attention. YOU CAN NOT SET THE MOD FILES TO USE THE DEFAULT PLAYER MODEL! WHICH MEANS THAT YOU CAN NOT USE PLAYER.DFF OR PLAYER.TXD. WHY? BECAUSE THE DEFAULT PLAYER MODEL USES A SINGLE SKIN AND IS SET UP TO USE ONLY 1 FROM THE SKIN SELECTION OPTION. Because the Lara Croft models use multiple textures... YOU HAVE TO CHOOSE 1 OF THE CLOTHING PICKUPS. Like play10.dff and play10.txd.

Okay? Understand now? Is it clear enough for you or should I use even bigger letters? If you still can't figure it out then you probably shouldn't be trying to install mods in the first place.

Damn :D