imad, bro

TUN3R

Ok so I recently got this new GPU. And wile almost every game runs at over 70 FPS with the graphics maxed out, GTA IV runs... at 70 FPS with the graphics almost maxed out but with huge lag.

It gets worse and worse the more I play, I stopped the game after about 30 minutes cause I don't wanna see my GPU barbecued.

My specs:

Intel Core i5-661 3.33 GHz (Dual Core)

4GB DDR3 RAM

Gigabyte GeForce GTX550 Ti 1GB, cost me an arm and a leg

Delux ATX-600W P4 v2.3 230V / 50 Hz, kidney

I also have a motherboard somewhere... lol.

Only GTA IV seems to have problems, other than that uhh... Mafia II has the same problem but it's barely noticeable.

I don't think it's the GPU, or at least not this GPU. I've been having some lag ever since I re-formated and went from 32bit to 64bit but the game was running at lower frame rate back then so it didn't bother me...

Yes the drivers are up to date, GTA IV performance did actually improve after updating 'em but only in terms of frame rate.

Both EFLC and IV are from Steam so guess they are the latest version... plus I'm running scripthook for 1.0.7.0.

@Chris

I suspected it's related to memory, but that's pretty much all I know so far :P

Tried minimizing Draw Distance, no effect.

@Evo

Kay, I'll upload a gameplay video for ya :P

And umm... vanilla is plant.

Edited by TUN3R

Try rebooting. Use Game Booster. It shuts down unnecessary system processes in order to improve the performance. Downgrade to Patch 1.0.0.3 or 1.0.0.4. Have you defragmented ur HDD? Game performance WILL improve!! If nothing works, Download & install Memturbo 4. Put both sliders for automatic ram recovery on 50MB, Uncheck the option "Don't auto-recover unless CPU usage is below 25 percent", Minimize the program and start GTA 4.

Try rebooting. Use Game Booster. It shuts down unnecessary system processes in order to improve the performance. Downgrade to Patch 1.0.0.3 or 1.0.0.4. Have you defragmented ur HDD? Game performance WILL improve!! If nothing works, Download & install Memturbo 4. Put both sliders for automatic ram recovery on 50MB, Uncheck the option "Don't auto-recover unless CPU usage is below 25 percent", Minimize the program and start GTA 4.

Dude please stop copy-pasting everything you find on Google, it's all crap.

Well I guess post count is that important for some people... anehway, gameplay:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3t5pelPiSfc

Note how Niko still keeps his balance at the end although he's burning and being shot at :P

Edited by TUN3R

• 5 months later...