TXD Workshop Error.

leemo

Hello, I'm trying to create skins, but whenever I import the edited image, an Application Error window comes up reading "Exception EFOpenError in module dxt.dll at 0000B4A6" and the texture just becomes random colors.

I've made sure I have the right file type (.PNG 32 bit) and the right name, and I've tried versions 4.5 and 4.8, but the same error occurs.

...an Application Error window comes up reading "Exception EFOpenError in module dxt.dll at 0000B4A6" and the texture just becomes random colors.

I have used version 4.5 for a long time and it most of the time it works well for me. However, there are times when it can be kind of "buggy". I usually stick with BMP image types because they just seem easier to work with between MS paint and IrfanView.

The random colors may be caused by your texture not being sized at a ratio of 128 pixels. Standard textures usually are a ration of 2 to 1: width 128px and height 256px at 24BPP. Some textures, like for player or cut scene models, are a ratio of 1 to 1: 256 x 256. Check if your images have the proper dimensions, if not then resize them. TXD Workshop attempts to resize improper image sizes automatically and that may be causing some of the problem. Also check if they are the typical 24BPP, if not then increase or decrease the color depth with IrvanView or something similar.

Another common problem is image compression. GTAIII mostly uses uncompressed textures of 128 x 128 @8BPP OR @24BPP, but not all. Vice City textures are typically all compressed @24BPP. Typical San Andreas textures are uncompressed images @24 BPP. When saving your TXD files after editing with TXD Workshop make sure that the game that you wish to use it for is selected in the drop down list in the bottom right corner so that is saved correctly.

If importing images causes problems then try dragging and dropping instead. It might work better for you.