Chkdsk Utility Prob

NickS

Hey guys, this pop up thing keeps popping up and saying that I gotta run the chkdsk utility everytime I open Opera or Limewire or IE. I've already done it twice but it only fixed Limewire up. What else should I do? Run the damn chkdsk utility again?

Edited by warrior13

set it to run before startup, so go to command prompt (run > cmd)

then type

chkdsk c: /f

it should say it cant dismount the volume, thats fine because windows is running off it. it'll do it next time you restart. that message is popping up because you have some corrupt files.

how old is that computer? maybe the hard disk is having problems?

• 3 weeks later...

I can finally fix this computer!

@Steam, I've done all that, what should happen next?

@WRX, will do that. My computer's around 8 months old or so, got it last year.

@Raybob, I've downloaded it and I can't read this shit! :lol:9222e76396.jpg

no idea bout that hd tune program.

so you did the check disk already ? did it find/fix any problems or what?

Alright! Nothing's popping up saying "shitprogramme is corrupted, please run chkdsk utility" so far I guess it's fixed! thanks for the help!!! But now I've got another problem with my computer! Should I start another topic or just tell what the problem is straight off this topic??

Alright! Nothing's popping up saying "shitprogramme is corrupted, please run chkdsk utility" so far I guess it's fixed! thanks for the help!!! But now I've got another problem with my computer! Should I start another topic or just tell what the problem is straight off this topic??

so umm what happened ?

imo if you dont have a whole ton of important data on there and if you have a external hard drive / usb big enough to fit the important stuff, i'd reformat and reinstall if i was you.

so umm what happened ?

imo if you dont have a whole ton of important data on there and if you have a external hard drive / usb big enough to fit the important stuff, i'd reformat and reinstall if i was you.

I've actually found a way to get my computer fixed now, so it doesn't really matter now. :)