Film of the decade

ACDC 564

It's very hard to choose. I like The Dark Knight, No Country For Old Men, Gladiator, Downfall, Scarface, Goodfellas, Godfather 1 + 2, etc etc. But if pushed, I'd say either There Will Be Blood or No Country For Old Men, both superb films which have to be seen before you die. Too bad The Shawshank Redemption wasn't released this decade, otherwise that would win, hands down.

I liked Avatar but the storyline was too predictable (as with a lot of films these days), still loved the film and how they created that whole new world.

For me, I cant pick a favourite but here is a list on what I think deserves a mention (no specific order) -

Batman: The Dark Knight

Gladiator

Troy

Kingdom of Heaven

The Aviator

Zodiac

Taken

Gangs of New York

Ali G

Borat

Bruno

Thats all I can think of right now, I've probably missed a couple of more but the list on there is the films I have enjoyed the most this decade.

EDIT

@ Bateman,

Scarface and the Godfather weren't released in this decade.

Edited by Sylar

Impossible to choose. Just looking at all the films I've rated 10 that are from this decade. Here's a list:

A Beautiful Mind

Batman Begins

The Dark Knight

Black Hawk Down

District 9

Pan's Labryinth

Gladiator

Gran Torino

Memento

Oldboy

Shaun of the Dead

Sin City

The Assassination of Jesse James

The Bourne Identity (and Supremacy and Ultimatum)

The Departed

The Prestige

V for Vendetta

I agree with some of the films, others I have never heard of! Also you can now add films releasing in 2010:) in the end it's up to your votes, so carry on listing those great films that made the decade great!! I have also decided to reveal the winning film on the 5th of January to alow a couple more days voting time !

@ACDC 564

oh come on man! there are more videos with more votes than that!

Well, from the data above, the ones with the most votes are:

Zodiac

The Dark Knight

Gladiator

All of those movies only got 2 votes each while the rest only got 1!

I hope this is right, coz I'm feeling too bad to count all the movies :P

Edited by warrior13

It's an imaginary poll anyway. Judging by the votes and how good both films are, I think it's a straight choice between The Dark Knight and Gladiator. TDK was a great performance by Heath Ledger as The Joker, but Gladiator was one of the best epic films of the decade, hard to choose.