Lotus Exige S Type 72

WRX22B1998

Lotus-Exige-S-Type-72_1.jpgMore Info

The Lotus Exige S Type 72 celebrates the most successful F1 car of all time, the Lotus Type 72 Formula One car, which achieved 20 Grand Prix victories between 1970 and 1975.

So this is a limited edition Lotus Exige, uses a supercharged Toyota 2ZZ-GE with 176kW and only weighs in at 935kg. This enables it to go from 0 - 100 km/h in just 4.7 seconds, with a top speed of 233km/h.

I think it looks pretty awesome as well, the black with black rims looks impressive.

Never really understood why lotus favour that 4cyl 1.8 plant instead of something a bit more powerful. Ok, they're reducing weight by only having a small engine, but I can't help but think giving it something nearer to a 3l V6 (Toyota make one of these too, for the old supra) wouldn't increase the power / weight thing they strive for in their cars. Especially with rumours of a new esprit, which is supposed to be V8... If they give that thing the 4cyl treatment, i don't think many people will be interested.

Also, if you want one with a V10, Hennessey performance are working on their own car, based on the elise, with a rumoured 262 mph top end. Linky.

Never really understood why lotus favour that 4cyl 1.8 plant instead of something a bit more powerful. Ok, they're reducing weight by only having a small engine, but I can't help but think giving it something nearer to a 3l V6 (Toyota make one of these too, for the old supra) wouldn't increase the power / weight thing they strive for in their cars. Especially with rumours of a new esprit, which is supposed to be V8... If they give that thing the 4cyl treatment, i don't think many people will be interested.

Also, if you want one with a V10, Hennessey performance are working on their own car, based on the elise, with a rumoured 262 mph top end. Linky.

lol lotus with a 2JZGTE would be pretty sweet.

@the henessey one

holy fucking shit. lol. 1200hp in that = instant death.