Idea?

Posts in fun-and-offtopic do not count towards your total to prevent people just spamming in there to increase their postcount. This happened a lot in the past, and the people who spammed all day in fun-and-games were getting hundreds of posts a day, and others were spamming there just to get high postcounts just to look cool. Both of these completely undermines the legitimate, helpful posts of this GTA forum. Fun-and-offtopic is moderated only for explicit/harmful content, unlike the rest of the forum, where posts have to also be useful/relevant.

We will not be reversing this just so you can have a high postcount - which is exactly what you are asking for in this topic. We will not be revealing the "real" postcount that includes these non-counting posts, as that would only achieve the same thing.

Show me how doing this would benefit anyone?

Posts in fun-and-offtopic do not count towards your total to prevent people just spamming in there to increase their postcount. This happened a lot in the past, and the people who spammed all day in fun-and-games were getting hundreds of posts a day, and others were spamming there just to get high postcounts just to look cool. Both of these completely undermines the legitimate, helpful posts of this GTA forum. Fun-and-offtopic is moderated only for explicit/harmful content, unlike the rest of the forum, where posts have to also be useful/relevant.

We will not be reversing this just so you can have a high postcount - which is exactly what you are asking for in this topic. We will not be revealing the "real" postcount that includes these non-counting posts, as that would only achieve the same thing.

Show me how doing this would benefit anyone?

I understand why you would say all that, but you forgot my first suggestions.

Example, at the left it would say:

RAYBOB

Post #: 847 (hypothetically of course)

So it would say what post # this is of that person's.

Edited by Raybob

I didn't forget, still working on the technical challenge of that. It would require additional (low-level) code to increment a new field every time you made a (non-fun-and-offtopic) post, which is possible. But if a post got deleted (or moved to offtopic), then your count would continue to include that (without doing a rebuild of the post database). Also, doing this to start with means going through the post database 30,000 times; which is hugely resource intensive. Probably not going to happen.