How to make mods work in GTA SAN ANDREAS for mac

XxDRAYxX

Hi people! i am new in this forum so i might not know alot of stuff about it. But currently, i have a problem, i am playing GTA SAN ANDREAS on the IMAC. I am looking for mods for GTA SAN ANDREAS. i downloaded PC files of the mod but it didnt work. So can anyone please help me? And where do I put the files in?

Hi people! i am new in this forum so i might not know alot of stuff about it. But currently, i have a problem, i am playing GTA SAN ANDREAS on the IMAC. I am looking for mods for GTA SAN ANDREAS. i downloaded PC files of the mod but it didnt work. So can anyone please help me? And where do I put the files in?

Are you running it on Cider? It'll be hard, dude, especially if you don't dual-boot with Windows on your Mac.

Are you running it on Cider? It'll be hard, dude, especially if you don't dual-boot with Windows on your Mac.

yes, i am using cider, so how do i solve the problem?

• 3 weeks later...

hello !

i have GTA San Andreas for mac

it was converted by someone and i don't need any PC functions to add on

all of the PC Mod files that i have work but all cars appear crazy shinny !

even when i paint it it stay metal shinny but you can see the colour like 1 percent

only one mod file worked and all options worked perfectly...

i don't know why ...

is there a way to fix this ?

thanks

Edited by chillit

yes, i am using cider, so how do i solve the problem?

Can you dual-boot to Windows? Try opening gta3.img in your Cider directory in Windows.

hello !

i have GTA San Andreas for mac

it was converted by someone and i don't need any PC functions to add on

all of the PC Mod files that i have work but all cars appear crazy shinny !

even when i paint it it stay metal shinny but you can see the colour like 1 percent

only one mod file worked and all options worked perfectly...

i don't know why ...

is there a way to fix this ?

thanks

Since you're on Cider, it'll be a tad harder to fix since you're running GTA on an unsupported system.

• 1 year later...

To get rid of that shitty looking chrome car look: Follow these steps.

First, go watch this video. It explains how to downgrade your version of san andreas (which causes problems) Use the provided download links files in the description. He doesn't say it in his video, but you want to replace gta_sa.exe with gta_sa_compact.exe. The gta_sa.exe he provides didn't work for me, so I'm going off of that..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkYJZMleibs

If you don't have it, grab SAMI here http://www.mediafire.com/?9sx13kw16pb62l6

OK so what I did:

1st I downgraded my gta, the file you want to put in your \gta san andreas folder will be called gta_sa_compact.exe. It's a non-wide screen version of the game, but it's worth it because it fixes many game play problems.

2nd, Grab this: http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Q7NJ50W4. It's a ported version of cider pre-set up for GTASA. Basically, just take your whole Rockstar Folder, copy it, and paste it into the c-drive, just like cider, you should already know this. If you don't, after you download that, unzip it or whatever you have to do, right click it and click show contents. Then navigate to this:

contents\resources\transgaming\cdrive\*put rockstar folder here*

After that, you have to edit the plist.info to make it run gta_sa_compact.exe, and then it should be able to just run right away, because the cider port is pre-set up with the correct path names.

so open plist.info (which is located in the "contents" folder) file with textedit and there should be a line that says

<string>C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTA San Andreas\GTA_SA_COMPACT.exe</string>. If it says \gta_sa.exe change it. Save, close, run gta.

Installing mods with SAMI is pretty self explanatory. But if you need it, here's a video on what to do, with that exact file that I linked earlier:

Now remember, this seems to only work for adding vehicles. Also, PUMA's hoverboard mod DOES NOT WORK, so don't bother... still mad about that :(

I think the only way us mac users are going to be able to add mods to SA other than cars, is going to be by using a mac version / cider ported IMG Tool 2.0. I've been looking for one of these non-stop, but can't seem to find one. If anyone knows where I can get that or a similar program, that would be a blessing.