Tunnel guys?

Lenny

There's a tunnel next to 8Ball's bomb shop in Portland, and sometimes there are 4 people inside of the tunnel with molotov cocktails, though they don't react to anything, even punching them won't make them do anything. Anyone have any idea on who these 4 are? And has anyone been able to do anything with them or something?

-Lenny

According to Wikipedia there was supposed to be a crazy homeless person Claude worked for, who ran a cult or something like that, and you got missions from him in that tunnel.

However, the last mission for him was flying the modified Dodo into Donald Love's building (hence his disappearance allegedly), but after 9/11 Rockstar took all that guys missions out, but his followers stayed in the tunnel.

Wikipedia

Edited by draftermatt

According to Wikipedia there was supposed to be a crazy homeless person Claude worked for, who ran a cult or something like that, and you got missions from him in that tunnel.

However, the last mission for him was flying the modified Dodo into Donald Love's building (hence his disappearance allegedly), but after 9/11 Rockstar took all that guys missions out, but his followers stayed in the tunnel.

Wikipedia

Name of the guy is Darkel.

I looked at the materials files and i coulden't find a model going by the name of Darkel, though i know that he was cut from the game. Maybe i havn't looked deep enough...

It would be awesome if we could dig up the mission files and scripts so his missions could be playable...

• 2 weeks later...
Hell no tunnel no guys?

There were people protesting the Porter tunnel?

sorry i just remembered. i got this confused with liberty city stories. i never played GTA3 story a whole lot, i had it for a year on PC then i lost the disc but never on PS2.

but in liberty city stories they are protesting the tunnel from portland to shoreside vale.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...
Guest MarlenesFutureDad

I assume they're meant to represent homeless people or something.

When I used to play this game, I actually got the nerve to kill the homeless tunnel people. When I saw the score on the score screen, it turned out that killing the homeless people actually deducted points from my score.

Wikipedia

Taking us back quite aways aren't ya? To address this, my question is this the Darko or whomever I remember being the key character removed? Since what I remember there was traces of programmed content within the game that was discovered by the clever hackers...er, modders!??!

• 3 weeks later...