Photoshop CS4!

Connor

It'll be ram heavy, cluttered and expensive at first.

Dunno about the first two actually. Kinda like how CS3 was both faster and less cluttered than CS2. With CS4 taking advantage of 64bit I can only see it as being a big improvement over CS3, I think RAM usage will stay pretty much the same. Content aware resizing is pretty awesome though - not the #1 feature most graphic designers want I'm sure, but it's gonna be pretty useful.

Chances are if you're a heavy user of photoshop then you have a decent PC. People who complain are generally kids who can't afford good hardware. I'm pretty sure no one on this forum has ever paid for software. Everyone knows how to acquire things on the internet, seriously I've no idea why you lot are complaining about price, no need to pretend you bought it anyway :P

Rumour says companies like MS and Adobe actually release their shit in torrent form, because they know that way they'll get it popular.

But won't they lose money? Not in the long term no. Users will go on to become professionals using said software and will purchase volume licenses or whatever... not in all cases of course but it's kinda logical in a way.

It'll be ram heavy, cluttered and expensive at first.

Dunno about the first two actually. Kinda like how CS3 was both faster and less cluttered than CS2. With CS4 taking advantage of 64bit I can only see it as being a big improvement over CS3, I think RAM usage will stay pretty much the same. Content aware resizing is pretty awesome though - not the #1 feature most graphic designers want I'm sure, but it's gonna be pretty useful.

Chances are if you're a heavy user of photoshop then you have a decent PC. People who complain are generally kids who can't afford good hardware. I'm pretty sure no one on this forum has ever paid for software. Everyone knows how to acquire things on the internet, seriously I've no idea why you lot are complaining about price, no need to pretend you bought it anyway :P

Rumour says companies like MS and Adobe actually release their shit in torrent form, because they know that way they'll get it popular.

But won't they lose money? Not in the long term no. Users will go on to become professionals using said software and will purchase volume licenses or whatever... not in all cases of course but it's kinda logical in a way.

Bold: Haha yeah I've heard peopel say that before. I bet it's true. :P

Funny you brought that up though, I was just going to ask if anyone has put it up on a torrent site yet coz I'm ready for PS. :)

Because The Gimp is just like Photoshop...you know, just with a horrible hard to use interface and minimal feature set.

That's kind of how Linux is compared to Windows. But it makes the neckbeards happy.

I don't think Linux is that hard, I am 14 and installed it in one day on my machine. I went to the Ubuntu download page and got the iso burnt it to a CD and installed it with great ease. Neckbeards??? Hmmm... I guess once I am old enough to grow one. I have nothing against Windows or this Adobe Photoshop except the god awful price. I take that back I have nothing against Windows XP... Vista is another story.

I don't use the Gimp anyways, I just know my brother loves it and you can't beat that price.

Because The Gimp is just like Photoshop...you know, just with a horrible hard to use interface and minimal feature set.

That's kind of how Linux is compared to Windows. But it makes the neckbeards happy.

I don't think Linux is that hard, I am 14 and installed it in one day on my machine. I went to the Ubuntu download page and got the iso burnt it to a CD and installed it with great ease. Neckbeards??? Hmmm... I guess once I am old enough to grow one. I have nothing against Windows or this Adobe Photoshop except the god awful price. I take that back I have nothing against Windows XP... Vista is another story.

I don't use the Gimp anyways, I just know my brother loves it and you can't beat that price.

illegal free photoshops are available on-line thats why theres torrent or what so wont pay the big damn price you're talking, but i got my PS from my cousin.

Gimp is just really hard to use, i can't even do anything with it when i'm using it in our school. But maybe because i'm just used to Photoshop. But if you would ask me, gimp is no match to Photoshop because gimp is just like a copy-paste and harder version of PS.

illegal free photoshops are available on-line thats why theres torrent or what so wont pay the big damn price you're talking, but i got my PS from my cousin.

Gimp is just really hard to use, i can't even do anything with it when i'm using it in our school. But maybe because i'm just used to Photoshop. But if you would ask me, gimp is no match to Photoshop because gimp is just like a copy-paste and harder version of PS.

Nah, just save up unless you want to get laughed at because your illegally stolen PS is buggy. Or borrow the installation CD from a friend...

I'm not saying Linux is hard, I'm saying it's unnecessarily harder than Windows. What I mean is you shouldn't have to jump through hoops to, say, make wireless network cards work.

And I'm sick and tired of people talking shit about Vista. If your hardware isn't shitsux, Vista is amazing. Give me one good reason why Windows Vista is worse than XP and don't say "hardware requirements" because EVERY version of Windows that is released (excluding server versions) has increased hardware requirements.

• 2 weeks later...

@Toonskull: Ubuntu is but one of the many distro's... The most user friendly. Being able to use that doesn't mean all linux distro's are so easy to use. And about the price, well, it is meant for proffesionals en companies after all. They'll be making money because they've got Adobe's software. For those companies and proffesionals the price is pretty fair IMO. They should make some another 'version' that comes with a different licence or something like that, at a cheaper pricepoint.

And by the way, if I'm not mistaken CS4 gets GPU acceleration. Not sure if it's nVidia only. I know that Premiere Pro has a few nVidia only effects in CS4. But that's for nVidia's quadro's, not Geforce.