Rookie of the year vs the MVP

i don't know where should i put this topic, so i put it here. move it if you like

March 28, 2008 - The gangster lifestyle has been popularized to the nth degree since Grand Theft Auto first burst onto the scene so many years ago. In August of 2006 Saints Row released to the Xbox 360 as the first, of what was then known as next-gen, free-roaming killing sprees. The nature of the original Saints Row was about delivering over-the-top characters and action set in a grizzled city environment. Saints Row 2 picks up after the events of the first with your character broken and unsure of his loyalties. We recently spoke with James Tsai, Lead Designer for Saints Row 2 at Volition Studios, to get the scoop on everything from returning characters, new mission types and the development team's confidence in going up against the monster known as GTA IV.

Source: IGN

from this article we know that saints row II and our beloved (or hated to some of us) game GTA IV. they're trying to put GTA IV down the drain by making this new game you all know, maybe because we are GTA fans we think that R* will not lose and there's no way in hell that saints row II will win. but hear what i'm about to say: back then Driver series was the best, infact i used to be their big fan. but then it was beaten by a game called: GTA III. the sequel of Driv3r wasn't helping that much because R* already have SA in store. what i'm saying is that things changed, GTA can't be the king forever. so i think that this is the biggest threat besides Mafia II, The Godfather part II, and more true crime series.

so now i took the liberty of comparing the two of them

Graphic: this is pointless to talk about, i know. GTA IV won without question, the physics, details and more are great compared to saints row II

Music: i can't judge this yet, GTA IV had some interesting list of songs although they're not as big as vice city or SA song list. as for saints row II they haven't release any song list yet, but my guess is better than saints row I, which sucked and picked randomly by my opinion. i think saints row II will have better but if they're stupid, instead of listing good songs that fit in the game, they'll put expensive hit songs which teenagers are listening to today.

Story: who here says that saints row I have a good story?? i don't, i think they suck and volition should look at the mistakes: unrealistic, trying to be cool(failed), suck drama and bad voice casting. i think they were trying to cut the budget by hiring lowlife scriptwriters(my opinion), i really think they should improve it if they want to go againts R*. we all know that R* already spend a lot of money for story, and i think GTA IV is the second best script in any GTA ever.

Gameplay: from above i know that it looks like GTA IV is going to win without question, but gameplay?? hey don't get me wrong, i love GTA IV gameplay, but not much as i love SA gameplay, and i have to say saints row I have a pretty good one. almost as good as SA. and this saints row sequel we're talking about is an open world of chaos, crimes, drug dealing, illegal racing, insurance fraud, throwing people into trains and customizable gang crew. which we know is real popular among some of the kids who play sandbox game these days. online feature of saints row II is also promising, GTA IV online is great but gets boring after a while.

overall: IV - 8.7

Graphics: 9/10 for a sandbox game, the coolest ever

Music: 8/10 good songs

Story: 10/10 i love it!

Gameplay: 7.8/10 i know, your opinion might not be the same, but this is what i think

saints row I - 6.25

Graphics: 8/10 better than SA, first sandbox in the next-gen so what the hell

Music: 7/10 a few of them are cool but the rest...

Story: 2/10 i hate it so much!!

Gameplay: 8/10 so many features

saints row II - n/a

Graphics: 8/10 not so many improvements

Music: n/a

Story: n/a about the returning of our hero in I, but it's pushing it a little don't you think?

Gameplay: i would have to say n/a, but if it's as good as they say they got my vote

how about your opinion?? you don't have to say it as much as me, but just think, who will win?? do you think saints row is the next king? or will it be R* and saints row will sunk just like many developers before??

Edited by Denny Crane!

• 4 weeks later...
cuz im a graphics and a stuff-to-do-outside-of-missions whore lol

SR & SR2 have plenty of sidework. SR2 has a good soundtrack (mayhem mission w/ Wagner's Ride of the Valkyrie, FTW!).

GTA doesn't have the "Septic Avenger" & shock paddles are the funniest weapon I've seen in a game. Kill someone, then

you bring 'em back & do it again. Character customization is unsurpassed.

I like the humor of SR/SR2 & think it's good competition for GTA, there's room for both.

BTW - Good title for this topic, perfectly sums up the comparison.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

GTA all the way!

There is absolutely no way Saints Row can touch Grand Theft Auto, period.

GTA wins in graphics of course.

Muisc, 100% GTA.

The storyline in GTA series are the best ever.

Gameplay: I haven't played SR, but it seems that they have a heck of a lot extras. So its a tie.

My final thoughts are that if anyone is worried its Volition. Rockstar shits over them when comparing GTA to the Saints Row series.

This is my opinion. :)

GTA all the way!

There is absolutely no way Saints Row can touch Grand Theft Auto, period.

GTA wins in graphics of course.

Muisc, 100% GTA.

The storyline in GTA series are the best ever.

Gameplay: I haven't played SR, but it seems that they have a heck of a lot extras. So its a tie.

My final thoughts are that if anyone is worried its Volition. Rockstar shits over them when comparing GTA to the Saints Row series.

This is my opinion. :)

And I respect it, although I don't agree with it, there is various aspects in which Saints Row is better than GTA IV but,imo, GTA IV is still better.

But as Urbanoutlaw said, there's room for both.

Edited by Ivan

BTW - Good title for this topic, perfectly sums up the comparison.

yeah, actually i played it even though just for a few minutes

and i gotta say it's pretty good.

the story: the comedy is more slapstick than GTA, there are more unthinkable chaos through the story like when you got johnny out of trial, i gotta say i don't hate them like i do in the first one. if you want funny sh*ts and rough gangster storyline you gotta play SR2

the music: not as good as GTA IV, i probably haven't listened to all of them but for good soundtrack license, GTA is the man

graphic: they are pushing it, draw distance is screwed up but it's still okay to look at them, they're not that bad

gameplay: it's pretty good, that's all i'm gonna say

overall i'm still voting for GTA but as for SR2 i congratulate them because they didn't fail like other games that are similiar to GTA

Edited by Denny Crane!

Since I have only played both in small amounts I cant make a fair comment but I can say is that if these two are going head to head it will push both games to better and maybe other games to get better similar to how PES and FIFA compete to be the best football game.

From reviews SR2 does look like a good game but so does IV, not sure which is better might just be personal preferences. For me though people got hyped way too much about IV and this is why there probably dissapointed whereas SR2 wasn't hyped as much as IV and thus people think it exceeded expectation.