Annoying as Hell Diaz Dying glitch

Vercetti Thug

Im playing Vice City 2007 mod, and in the mission Guardian angels where Diaz comes by car (its a modded admiral from my Ultimate Vice City mod, so that might be a problem, even though its slimmer than the regular admiral). Diaz gets out of his car, but then gets trampled by another of his henchmen who is also getting out of his car and the missionr reads Diaz is dead, mission failed. HOW THE HECK DO I FIX THIS?!!

• Like 1

get the original admiral back...im pretty sure this will fix it. although i remember this happening, and then later on i started a new game just for the fun of it with this mod installed, and nothing happened (diaz didnt die).

i assume vice city 2007 is a script mod (main.scm), so you cant go get a savefile off the net.

lolz i know how you feel, i had this mod too (ultimate vice city + spaceeinstein mod not vice city 2007), and the same thing happens , all the time. he doesnt actually get trampled, he gets out of the car, then falls over. then is on the ground and says he died.

so you have 3 options:

use imgtool and put back the original admiral (admiral.txd, admiral.dff, admiral.col and appropriate handling.cfg , carcols.dat, default.ide entries)

OR

try starting a new game and get up to that mission, it may or may not do the same thing i cant guarantee, but for me he didnt die the second time round...

OR

find another car that replaces admiral (i had chrysler 300C and he didnt die with that)

edit..I think why he didnt die the second time round is that, i replaced the nissan skyline with a chrysler 300C before i started a new game.

Edited by WRX22B1998

lolz.

he didnt MAKE the mod..he just has it.

i can see why you'd say that however commonsense prevails (or not in this case)

what is the new manana? is it a subaru WRX ? that was a bad replacement i think, when you go really fast, the back drags on the ground and slows you down. looks nice, but i got a better one :P

here ... although thats to replace sentinel XS. you can find one at the carpark sorta near the airport

Edited by WRX22B1998

• 5 years later...

Im playing Vice City 2007 mod, and in the mission Guardian angels where Diaz comes by car (its a modded admiral from my Ultimate Vice City mod, so that might be a problem, even though its slimmer than the regular admiral). Diaz gets out of his car, but then gets trampled by another of his henchmen who is also getting out of his car and the missionr reads Diaz is dead, mission failed. HOW THE HECK DO I FIX THIS?!!