VC-MP: Making my own Server

Sup y'all,

I'm currently making my own server for VC-MP, but i got some questions;

How can i add my own commands to the server?

Commands like /help, /commands, /register or carspawn commands

How can i add my own text to the server?

Like if someone joins my server, it says "Welcome to my server!" or something.

When i put my server online, it's only for the people that are on my router. How can i make it that people from over the whole world can join my server?

Thanks for the help :yup: ,

TroniX. :hi:

• 4 months later...

Hi there.

I've been always asking these questions to myself, and I got the answers. So now I'm ready to help others find the answers!

First of all, go to your server folder and there should be something called "config". Go in it and find something called:

; -- IT'S MANDATORY THAT YOU SET THE ADMIN PASSWORD!

; THE SERVER WILL NOT START WITHOUT A VALID PASSWORD.

AdminPassword = "invalid"

Change the "invalid" to any password you like (example: "bestofthebest"

Then download the GUS (General Used Scripts) in here:

General Used Scripts

and extract it to the folder. After that, go in the folder and go inside something called "vcmp" (not vcmp.cmdlevels or any others, just vcmp) and this should appear:

[MAIN]

IP=123.123.123.123

RPORT=5315

CPORT=5192

PASSWORD=rconadminpasshereblablablblaala

Change it to this:

IP=127.0.0.1

RPORT=5315

CPORT=5192

PASSWORD=bestofthebest

(Note: the PASSWORD should be the adminpassword in your server.

Then open your server (at vcmp-svr), open mirc (at the folder where you extracted the GUS) and press countinue when it appears.

(Note: It may take 5 seconds before the countinue appears.)

Press "connect" (or just wait for a few seconds) and...

walla! Go to your server, type !commands (a few times) and there you are! Server with scripts!

(Note: when you're at the server with the scripts, register and type !set admin. This will set your level to 10.)

This will already be appeared in your server withing the scripts. To edit it, go in the mirc, press countinue, and find a button which is called "Scripts Editor". Once you find it, go to a tab called "Remote", press "Edit" and in it press "Find". Type the fallowing words in the "Find":

vcmp.announce %id WELCOME $iif($vcmp.alias($vcmp.ip($1)),BACK) TO THE SERVER!

Edit the "WELCOME BACK TO THE SERVER" to anything you like, and it should appear once you enter the server.

(Remember: When you edit something, press OK in the bottom of it, and "connect" again, then enter your server).

When i put my server online, it's only for the people that are on my router. How can i make it that people from over the whole world can join my server?

You have to pay to get it world wide. Actually, I still don't know to add my server world wide, but you have to go to here and explore the place before you add your server.

And there you go!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi there.

I've been always asking these questions to myself, and I got the answers. So now I'm ready to help others find the answers!

First of all, go to your server folder and there should be something called "config". Go in it and find something called:

; -- IT'S MANDATORY THAT YOU SET THE ADMIN PASSWORD!

; THE SERVER WILL NOT START WITHOUT A VALID PASSWORD.

AdminPassword = "invalid"

Change the "invalid" to any password you like (example: "bestofthebest"

Then download the GUS (General Used Scripts) in here:

General Used Scripts

and extract it to the folder. After that, go in the folder and go inside something called "vcmp" (not vcmp.cmdlevels or any others, just vcmp) and this should appear:

[MAIN]

IP=123.123.123.123

RPORT=5315

CPORT=5192

PASSWORD=rconadminpasshereblablablblaala

Change it to this:

IP=127.0.0.1

RPORT=5315

CPORT=5192

PASSWORD=bestofthebest

(Note: the PASSWORD should be the adminpassword in your server.

Then open your server (at vcmp-svr), open mirc (at the folder where you extracted the GUS) and press countinue when it appears.

(Note: It may take 5 seconds before the countinue appears.)

Press "connect" (or just wait for a few seconds) and...

walla! Go to your server, type !commands (a few times) and there you are! Server with scripts!

(Note: when you're at the server with the scripts, register and type !set admin. This will set your level to 10.)

This will already be appeared in your server withing the scripts. To edit it, go in the mirc, press countinue, and find a button which is called "Scripts Editor". Once you find it, go to a tab called "Remote", press "Edit" and in it press "Find". Type the fallowing words in the "Find":

vcmp.announce %id WELCOME $iif($vcmp.alias($vcmp.ip($1)),BACK) TO THE SERVER!

Edit the "WELCOME BACK TO THE SERVER" to anything you like, and it should appear once you enter the server.

(Remember: When you edit something, press OK in the bottom of it, and "connect" again, then enter your server).

You have to pay to get it world wide. Actually, I still don't know to add my server world wide, but you have to go to here and explore the place before you add your server.

And there you go!

HI I DID ALL THAT BUT MY SERVER DOSENT CONNECT I WAIT NOTHING HAPPENS PLZZ HELP TY

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Sup y'all,

I'm currently making my own server for VC-MP, but i got some questions;

Commands like /help, /commands, /register or carspawn commands

Like if someone joins my server, it says "Welcome to my server!" or something.

Thanks for the help :yup: ,

TroniX. :hi:

OK..

Actually,

for these questions, I can't answer:

BUT for this answer:

I CAN HELP YOU!!

it's working for me, and it's free..

YOU just have to do port forward for your server and the people from all over the world can play in your server!

that's it! PORT FORWARD!!

lol.. portforward is easy actually,

1. go to your gateway in your browser, default is 192.168.1.1 ,

2. log into your router, goto "advanced setup", goto "NAT", goto "virtual servers", click "add",

3. select your network interface, in "service name" use "custom service" and put the name "VCMP",

4. then write "Server IP Address:" with your IPv4 Address (mine is "192.168.1.2" depends on your computer)

5. then in "External Port Start" write your port for VCMP (same for "External Port End"),

6. for protocol, select "TCP/UDP", then click "apply/save".. that's it!!

7. then review it whether it is there or not..

NOTE: if you dont know your network gateway and IPv4 address, then run "cmd" and type "ipconfig" then enter!

LOOK IN THE DIALOG FOR IT..

SCREENSHOTS:

Using IPconfig in CMD:

ipconfig.png

Entering info in router setting page:

addvcmp.png

Review your port forward:

confirm.png

FOR ME, sincerely I say, using SA-MP is easier than VC-MP.. but VC-MP is more fun than SA-MP!

if you want to play VC-MP at my server, add " hidayat.no-ip.org:7755 " into your favourites and play!