Least Favourite Mission

TNF

Unfriendly Competition. For me, I'm good at survival missions but this was too much. I had to do the Air Ambulance missions just to survive through this mission. Another was Turn On, Tune In, Bug Out (If that's the name) because having the 5-star wanted level was unbearable unless you could make it to a police bribe. I hardly remember how I passed it. I believed I went all the way to either the Ocean Beach or Viceport police bribe since I couldn't remember where anything else was at the moment.

Edited by Rashon.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm bumping it, but what? There's hardly discussions around here...

Anyways, I am STILL stuck on High Wire. Worst fucking mission, can't believe nobody ever mention that amongst the hard missions. I swear the day I pass it I'm gonna pray the whole day, at the moment I don't want nothing but pass this goddamn mission, I've got closer to the car but the trees block me or set my chopper up in flames.

High Wire it's the most annoying mission for me too. I've played it in a friends house.

I think I'm going to get stuck on that fucking mission for a month too...

24 August 2008: Woohoo! I passed "High Wire" for the first time, now I can continue the storyline in peace....

LOL, I'm surprised if I'm beating it anytime soon, hardly anyone mentions it but it's 100 times harder than Unfriendly Competition, just snipe the dealer in the end instead going down the beach and attack him, this way the end is soooooooo easy...

Edited by Flesh-n-Bone

Well, High Wire was a long, painful three-part mission. When I first played VCS, I couldn't pick up the package off the Flatbed. Picking the Sentinel XS seemed hard but the Maverick seems like it's resistance to crashing in that part of the mission. I did the storyline four times. The fourth was the hardest for me since I let the Sentinel XS rise to about 90% damage before I picked it up on Ocean Drive going southbound.

Edited by Rashon.

Well, High Wire was a long, painful three-part mission. When I first played VCS, I couldn't pick up the package off the Flatbed. Picking the Sentinel XS seemed hard but the Maverick seems like it's resistance to crashing in that part of the mission. I did the storyline four times. The fourth was the hardest for me since I let the Sentinel XS rise to about 90% damage before I picked it up on Ocean Drive going southbound.

I completed it anyways yesterday, I was so mad, I did anything I could, change the radio, outfit, weather, time and nothing helped, I put radio off when doing the mission. The first two parts were easy as hell but the last one is hard. Mendez drives like a maniac and gets away. I couldn't believe it when I picked him up, ROFL afterward I drove carefully to save. And I did the whole storyline yesterday. High Wire was the only mission that took a lots of attempts and I wouldn't mind retrying the last part, but the fact that if I fail once I have to start it all over. It should just like "End of the Line" skip every part you pass because that would make it less annoying.

Unfriendly Competition did I pass first try. And Light My Pyre is only hard at the beginning where you got to protect Lance. He drives behind the Sentinel's like an idiot and always spins out my wheels, you got to be so careful that you can't shot forward on the cars.

The only problem I had with Domestobot was getting to Armando's safe. Whenever I'm going to it he orders me something. The code wasn't hard to find because I had watched it on youtube already :P

I think....

For LMP all I did on the second part was hide behind walls and toss some grenades it got many kills and loved seeing the cars getting wrecked there. I am fireproof so I can beat Armando with fist fight if you'd want.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine is without a doubt; Light My Pyre.

I had Lance dying many times before I even reached the mansion, then when I finally made it there I had a hard time killing Mendez? That mission with the robot was pretty hard too, but I completed this game in two days, and yeah I played it 24/7..

Sorry if I bumbed this.

Edited by VCKilltimer!_!

I found Highwire quite easy apart from the ending where you had to pick up the bloke's car. Anyway my least favourite mission would have to be that mission that you have to go to a biker place and shoot the bikers just to come back to an apartment in Little Haiti to find out that the guy who sent you there ran off, now you have to kill him. That mission was just boring, easy, but boring.

Yeah Lance is an idiot on this one, he is always behind the cars or goes to the left and right... Spins out my wheels and I have no chance to shoot the cars, it's a bit too far IMO, not only one but TWO guys are drive-bying on you. Though if you go another route meaning straight instead of turning you might pass it. That's by far the hardest part of the mission. The second one all I need was a grenade then when the mansion was cleaned up enough I ran inside and shoot Armando with a shotgun, he fell then I stuck a chainsaw until his health ran out. Plus I'm fireproof!

I only wish I had a save game exactly before Unfriendly Competition, because I really love this mission. I can't believe I'm the first one in this whole world to find out that you can just take out a sniper and shoot at the dealers head instead of heading for the quads. At least nobody else showed this when I searched in google, guides, and forums...

And I have ps2 version, anybody know how I can download save games for it or it does not work?

i think you need a modded ps2 to do that...

i never really had trouble with the second part (chasing on quad bike), i just shot at him and he died lol. the first part was a bitch cos of all the people shooting at you.

lol yeh i killed armando with spaz shotgun. i wasnt fireproof though

i suppose technically you couldve killed him with fists...

Yeah I can, but some Mendez guard from behind will start shoot at you with M4. But yesterday when I did Last Stand once again I held Diego on the neck and punched him. LMAO that's a good feature.

The grenades can be dangerous when your chasing as well as the chopper shooting at you above and all. It's just easiest to take out your sniper from the door leading to the house and shot at his head. It takes 5 sniper shots to take him out but he wont make a run for the shoots.

I did all the chopper missions first try but this one. It took away 2 days of me just sitting and struggling for it... The problem was I had to travel to Prawn Island from there to junkyard then fly the slow ass Maverick to the impound, take the container then fly behind a vehicle and pickup the last container then all the way to the other side of the city and follow a maniac until I get him before these bastards destroy the car. What a bunch of crap, the one who made this mission, were you high on crack?

The most effort other missions could take me was 5 efforts or something (most notably, Boomshine Blowout).

• 1 month later...