Minor Multiplayer Details

Charger

Today we got some small multiplayer info from Gamingexcellence.com. A R* employer at the PlayStation Holiday Preview Event in Toronto, gave Gamingexcellence.com some details on the multiplayer in GTA IV.

Quote:

Set for 2008’s second quarter, GTA IV was also missing, but Rockstar’s man on the scene told GamingExcellence that they had begun testing the various plots and that the developers were considering the possibility of having an open world completely unlocked from the start of the game. We also understand that the game’s multiplayer mode, unseen in the GTA franchise since GTA2 in 1997, is aiming for at least 16 simultaneous players, with more than just the usual deathmatch mode.

16 Players seems to small for online, 32 would have been good .

Thanks to downthrough from GTAForums. / Gamingexellence.com

Today we got some small multiplayer info from Gamingexcellence.com. A R* employer at the PlayStation Holiday Preview Event in Toronto, gave Gamingexcellence.com some details on the multiplayer in GTA IV.

Quote:

Set for 2008’s second quarter, GTA IV was also missing, but Rockstar’s man on the scene told GamingExcellence that they had begun testing the various plots and that the developers were considering the possibility of having an open world completely unlocked from the start of the game. We also understand that the game’s multiplayer mode, unseen in the GTA franchise since GTA2 in 1997, is aiming for at least 16 simultaneous players, with more than just the usual deathmatch mode.

Nice. Seems that 16 Players are decent enough to play up to. I hope more their are more Modes for us to play in like Racing and all the Multiplayer Features I've seen in VCS and LCS.

Quote:

Heh, I guess you don't play as much online games as I do. Believe, listening to more than 10 prebuescent fuckers cursing like sailors and bitching about how much they suck at the game will drive you insane.

Good news, though. Bring back the modes from the PSP versions of GTA, I heard they were good!

I hope the entire map could be unlocked for the multiplayer. If it isn't then it's gay. I'm sorry, but I hate when you could only go to little bits of the map in multiplayer games. It should be optional. Hell maybe that's why they're only allowing 16 players, so the whole map could be explored in multiplayer. I'd rather have that than 32 in a small section.

I would like for them to have a ton of options for multiplayer such as, which areas you'll have unlocked while playing multipler(having the whole map as an option), choose how many players there are in the match(hope it could go up to at least 20), weapons, vehicles, peds, interiors, etc.

Quote:

Heh, I guess you don't play as much online games as I do. Believe, listening to more than 10 prebuescent fuckers cursing like sailors and bitching about how much they suck at the game will drive you insane.

Good news, though. Bring back the modes from the PSP versions of GTA, I heard they were good!

Yes I do play Online a lot, PS3 and the PC. Theres a mute option........ Not all the times theres bitching going around either, and yeah I agree with OGTAM.

If they are aiming for loads of players in mulitiplayer and have all sorts of game modes in the entrie city what if all this happens at the same time racing, deathmatch, capture the flap all goning on. Racing would go on at a certin time like 20:00 in the game people would go find the car of choice the cource would go through people killing each other in a deathmatch game and then while racing somebuddy runs over the guy with the flag in capture the flag.

This game could be a MMO

With Cars