New Downloads Database Launched!

Chris

If you've been searching for mods today you will have noticed our brand new downloads database. I've been coding it on and off for the past few months, and it's now finally complete. All our old mods are still there so don't worry about it being empty, nothing has been lost, and all old links will redirect to the new URLs. Below is a summary of what's new and what's been improved from the old system.

New Features and Improvements

• Integration with the forums - members can submit their own mods, manage their files
  • Advanced searching options
  • Quick download
  • Author pages
  • Quicker rating system
  • More detailed file pages
  • Support for multiple screenshots for each file
  • Report file form (for broken links, inaccurate details etc.)
  • More intuitive design

If you're interested you can read about all these features in detail in the downloads database overhaul topic on our forums.

Remember if you want to submit your own modifications for inclusion in our database, you'll need to be a member. If you aren't already, head on over to our forums and Register now - it only takes a moment.

So if you're bored waiting for GTA IV to be released, find yourself some nice mods in our downloads database for your current GTA games.

Feedback and comments are appreciated, also let us know if you find any bugs/problems while using the new system. Hopefully everything should be faster than the old one. Also, keep in mind we have even more new features planned, including the ability to add your own comments to mods, different viewing options when browsing categories, and instant file ratings. As well as this we'll also be adding links to tutorials on how to install mods for your games, however, until these are up, please make good use of our forums.

Even though I don't really use the database seeing as I play on PS2, I downloaded all the theme songs from there a while back and it wasn't that good. But when I just checked it out now, it looks much better than it was before, a good clean layout with easy to locate files, good job.

Yeah well depending on how busy I get at uni we may have a new layout soon, or maybe not, I'm not sure, so I won't get everyone's hopes up :P

Anyway this appears to have been a huge success, the number of registrations per day has shot up and of course we've now broken the 10,000 member barrier!

So thanks to everyone who's signing up to submit mods! I assume that's why we've been getting a influx of new members anyway. Just goes to show how effective pimping stuff from the homepage is :P

It certainly is faster. Looks good Chris ;)

Oh, and I just noticed. There actually is a mod of mine there :P One I made over a year ago with MS paint when messing around with that texture editor tool. It actually sucked IMO and was kinda n00bish...

Might try to make some other mod. Maybe some tatoo packet or a football shirt.

• 3 months later...