mods dont work

sprocket

I downloaded some car mods from this site and followed the instructions on the readme text but I am having problems running the program. whenever I start a program it hangs up and gives an error message "unhanled exception". what could have caused this problem?? Is there anything I can do to fix it?

You sure you didn't do anything wrong? Because when people follow the instructions, they shouldn't have any problems. Check again make sure.

can u give me some pointers on how to do it properly?

Well I love to ask for tips from experienced gamers..

1. So first, you gotta have the IMG Tool.

2. Open the "gta3.img", it's somewhere in your GTA installation directory.

3. I suggest you extract the files that you are going to mod (replace, basically), usually when it's a full and complete model/skin, it will require to replace two files per one skin. Those files (should be) a *.dff (model file) and a *.txd (texture file). Take notes freshman, this is as close as you are moddin' (meaning thats the basic knowledge :D)

4. Anyways, extract those sons of bitches out. Put them in somekind of a folder. Make it neat, so if shit happens, you can always back it up.

5. Then, after extracting, delete them.

6. Next comes importing. "Import" the files using one of the option buttons (I haven't mod for almost 2 years now).

7. Then just simply refresh the list (there is one command, but I forgot what. Something like "Reconstruct" or "Re-something" yeah you get the idea. Improvise and look for clues in the readme of the IMG Tool).

That's all. If you do exactly as what I told you, and shit still happens, guess the mod ain't working.

Good Luck.

AAW, i gotta explain this for..uh...5.600th time?

lol, joke, the IMG tool's got a lil bug, the Replace thing doesnt work, for some reason, anyways, do everything Shifty said, the gta3.img file is in (by default): C:\Program Files\Rockstar Games\GTAIII\Models.

Thats if your computer is in English, now, if it is on spanish, it should be: C:\Archivos de Programa\Rockstar Games\GTAIII\Models, if it is on Chines it is...hey, dont abuse my knowledge, anyways, if ya did everything correctly, it should be no problem, the other thing, meaby the mod is too big for your computer kinda, or meaby its not "well formated"...

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...