GDT version 1.0

Sherman

I mean, you don't want to lose velocity (right word?) of the air flowing out of the exhaust, but you don't want them staying contricted, either. Backpressure is when the air is going back UP there, restricting. Not good at all. That's why if the neons with those 4 inch fartcans really had that big of an exhaust, they'd be extremly slow....

Oh wait, they already are!

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

S10s aren't bad little trucks, easy to find parts & not to bad to work on. If you do get $$$ ahead, there are several kits based on the S10.

Back pressure isn't so much reversing but just something to push against. Like I said, it's been awhile so I can't explain the details. Those Neons would run better if they ditched the fartcans & used a decent catalytic & turbo muffler & pipe the next

size over stock. As I recall, US models have a 2.0 but Mexican models have a 2.4.

The last Neon I worked on ('96 I think) used a K-car transmission. :wacko:

I just don't like that particular truck. It may have been in my family for a few years, but I don't have fond memories of it. You try cramming three teenagers and a grown man into that thing every baseball game.

Makes me thank God we finally got a Blazer months ago, although I'm not gonna get it.

There used to be this guy running around my town that had a longbox S10 w/ his woman sitting on a Lazy Boy in the back, she didn't fit in the front. HOLY FLAMMIN' ASSCRACKERS, IT'S AUNT BUNNY!!!

It's wheels & it's paid for. It could be worse....

http://www.3wheelers.com/robin.html

I'll hand this one off to the lads across the pond.

Edited by Urbanoutlaw

Bondo! half of my car is bondo! Actually, just the wheel well in the right rear is. Started to rust out. Looks real nice - smooth and all except the paint doesn't quite match.

Saturday I changed my spark plugs. Stupid front drive V6s, I had to lay on the engine to do it. Then I changed my fuel filter.

Today I went to do that seafoam stuff. Wasn't able to suck enough into the engine before it stalled. I can't operate the throttle with my left hand and hold the tube with my left hand at the same time.

Made a freakin awesome cloud of smoke.

I just don't like that particular truck. It may have been in my family for a few years, but I don't have fond memories of it. You try cramming three teenagers and a grown man into that thing every baseball game.

Makes me thank God we finally got a Blazer months ago, although I'm not gonna get it.

You do realize that Blazers are S10s, right?

So I had a small mishap with the seafoam. It sucked a few tablespoons in then stalled ... then backfired ... then my intake manifold had an explosion and blew a plastic elbow off. I let the car sit for a few minutes. Barely started and then it ran like crap for a while, but it seems to be okay now.

The rest of the seafoam will be used up in the next few fill ups.