First Vice City Stories Details from GamePro AU

Chris

---------------------------------------------

another page

Theres this new thing called The chunder weel - jumping on the ride puts you in a first person persepective, interesting!

Mission 2 called: Jump Ship

Rockstar put alot of effort into this, and it looks like a very good game! Im so happy!!!

-------------------------------------

2 more pages!!! - Am i the only one who cares about this game!!!

More amazing info - I Quote ' The world is breathtaking, with arguably the most epic draw-distances the open-world genre as ever seen. Standing on the beach we could see buildings and trees miles down the sandy shore.................'

Edited by K_P

Yeah it really does sound like Rockstar are concentrating on the important things, like decent missions and vehicles, rather than silly things like girlfriends and clothes.

I'm actually looking forward to VCS, since I loved Vice City. Might have to steal a PSP....

We've got all this information, along with the full article scans, on the wiki now. We just need to get everything written out in full, and then finish every other game.

It seems everyone else likes it too:

Most members ever online in one day was 99, last accomplished on July 29th, 2006

I actually got some sleep and when I saw the update a couple of minutes ago I was suddenly hit with a lot of excitement. It is going to be cool playing as Vic and I knew there were going to be Jetskis (I put it on the wishlist for GTA4 and they came sooner than I expected.Oh and KP since there is no character customization so I don't think Vic will have more hair than he does now (bald). There's a ton of new stuff like hurricanes, you can swim and there is a ferris wheel that you can ride! I hope maybe there will be rollercoasters in it too (probably not or they would have mentioned it) but if not they should put them in GTA4). There's going to be a new cars, new music and everything. I am really psyched about Vice City Stories, it's gonna kick ass!

This game does look like its going to be the best one yet but in a year and 3 months GTA4 is going to come out and I can't even imagine what new stuff it's gonna have!

Edited by ArturKim21

but maybe if victor wasnt there in life (gta) maybe the whole world would be blown up because of a chain of nuclear reactions from a chemical plant that he was the last person to vote not to build in VC, that lead to the saving of the world by a win of one vote. you know he will die with a fulfilled purpous.

Yeah good point tilly, and thanks Chris for translating it into English so to speak. Vic will probably take over the city or something like that but the sad thing is he dies later on. I hope this doesn't happen to all the other protaganists because we never do find out what happens to them after the storyline finishes. They probably do live though or it would be kind of stupid and disappointing.

hey guys 1st post. just read the vcs stuff man, impressed altho me and my mates have been saying since san andreas they need to put animals on there! just amagine walking through some trees frin a cow or something and then slice it open with a sword. it would be great. the only animals ive ever seend on gta is fish and birds. anyone think the same?

Yeah, but the game already "encourages" running over people, carjacking, property destruction and running red lights. I hope they add animals, like shark attacks and stuff. Yeah, this game looks cool, but what do they mean by "bigger" vice city? It cant be bigger, as this game takes place before VC, so the city must be either smaller or the same size as VC in GTA VC. Or ae they talking about a bigger "interior" world? Glad that you could swim now, seeing as VC is 1/2 water. Good thats there no more A-B missions like in LCS, the missions in like GTA3, VC and SA had A-B-C-D-E-F missions, those were better, longer, more enjoyable and funner. How will hurricanes work? I hope it works like the sandstorms in SA, execpt for sand everywhere, there would be rain and the cars, etc would get pushed around, but not push like they go flying, but more like you see the weight of tyhe car shift and it becomes harder to drive. New animations? Just give the GTA characters fingers and ill be happy. Dam, no wall climbing? I dont want to friggen walk another 100 miles to get to the other side of a fence, just 2 taps of the square button should get you on the other side! Oh, another thing, "Familiar buildings enter devolment", oh, god, no! LCS made Liberty City look like it was just being built from scratch. In LCS, 50% of the buildings were still in construction, wtf? I mean, its just like 2 years from GTA3 and pratically nothing is built? I know they want you to know that this is a younger Vice City, but we dont want a city that has just been recently founded. Mabye some of the new buildings (or the buildings that look new) like malibu club, etc or whatever could still be in construction and as you progress through the game, the buildings get more parts attatched to them to make it look more complete and some buildings will even finish construction. Prawn Island would have the mansions, but instead of the being destroyed and generally shit, they would be nice and stuff. Starfish will have most of its mansions complete, but some of the REALLY big mansions like diaz's one will have somthing small in construction like a pool, garage, etc. Trip skip is back, but instead of just brnging it to your failed mission, it would be cool if you could go to places like a safehouse, ammunation, mission, etc on your choice. Parked Taxis will be around Vice City and there is a blip (that pink thingy to start missions) on the side of the taxi, if you enter the blip, you get in as passenger and a menu comes up, showing all of the "major" places like ammunation, mission, safehouse, etc. But instead of taking a ride, you can just carjack the taxi, just dont enter the blip. another thing, no character customization? Can we still change "full package" clothes like in GTA VC and LCS?

Cant wait for SAS (San Andreas Stories). Or if they cant fit SA into a PSP, they could always have LSS (Los Santos Stories), SFS (San Fierro Stories) and LVS (Las Venturas Stories). Or, or, or, CSS (CountrySide Stories) or DSS( DeSert Stories)

We don't like the idea of small children or fuzzy animals in our games.

Also, I really don't think that GTA encourages people (in real life) to commit crimes. If GTA encourages people to commit murder in real life, does Half-Life 2 encourage people to shoot furniture at alien-slugs using a zero-point energy field manipulator in real life? Does Battlefield 2 encourage you to join the Chinese army and defend an airfield in a gulf while being attacked by US Marine Corps on an aircraft carrier at sea in real life?

Good thats there no more A-B missions like in LCS, the missions in like GTA3, VC and SA had A-B-C-D-E-F missions

Yeah, A-B missions are only good for tutorial jobs, which, if you think about it, GTA really doesn't need. (It's incredibly difficult to learn to play GTA) I liked the "Learning to Fly" in San Andreas, but complicated missions, and entire mission structures revolving around one, yet complicated to achieve goal (Breaking the Bank at Caligula's strand, The Job (Malibu) strand, etc...) are the best in my opinion.

"Familiar buildings enter devolment", oh, god, no! LCS made Liberty City look like it was just being built from scratch. In LCS, 50% of the buildings were still in construction, wtf? I mean, its just like 2 years from GTA3 and pratically nothing is built? I know they want you to know that this is a younger Vice City, but we dont want a city that has just been recently founded. Mabye some of the new buildings (or the buildings that look new) like malibu club, etc or whatever could still be in construction and as you progress through the game, the buildings get more parts attatched to them to make it look more complete and some buildings will even finish construction

Agreed.

Can we still change "full package" clothes like in GTA VC and LCS?

Yes, if Rockstar knows what they are doing, we should still be able to do this, if not more. Rockstar generally doesn't like to take a step back from previous works, unless the situation calls for it. All LCS features (custom tracks, outfits, multiplayer, etc... should return with improvements.

Cant wait for SAS (San Andreas Stories). Or if they cant fit SA into a PSP, they could always have LSS (Los Santos Stories), SFS (San Fierro Stories) and LVS (Las Venturas Stories). Or, or, or, CSS (CountrySide Stories) or DSS( DeSert Stories)

To get technical, it really isn't the large map that makes San Andreas so large, file size. It's the textures and models that make up the map. Buildings and objects are so diverse, and those large textures on each one drives up the size of the game. GTA3.img is the size culprit. Over 900mb alone, almost twice the size of the entire GTA3 game. (minus audio on the GTA3 play cd) So, yeah, probably individual cities of San Andreas, but Los Santos + countryside, San Fierro + countryside, and Las Venturas + desert could probably be released in a compilation, three UMDs, with three different characters. Everything happening in the same time period, in different cities.

But Vice City Stories looks amazing and I can't wait to play.

• 2 weeks later...