GTA v PC Version

Gtaftw

The thing I keep promoting anywhere and everywhere is don't grow disheartened or disenchanted with petitioning and that process of getting everyone on board to show some sign of life, even for Red Dead Redemption to come to PC platform, the need to keep those alive and in people's minds is paramount!

Forget any time line you think has expired, it's up to Rockstar to say yes or no with some finality on the matter

Everyone acts as if Rockstar isn't going to release a PC version because it didn't come out at the same time as the console versions. Neither did GTA IV. Neither did San Andreas. Are you guys just not use to this yet?

I'm sure many said the same thing in the wake of Red Dead Redemption's release. GTA V could very well follow in similar footsteps. I'd like to emphasize I said could, not that it definitely will. But it could. I hope it doesn't and I hope PC gamers get to mod the hell out of the game. I really do. But it could end up a console exclusive. And just for the record, I'm of the opinion that platform/console exclusivity is a dated concept that needs to be done away with entirely.

Besides, what's the difference between worrying that it will never see a PC release and convincing oneself it will see a PC release when Rockstar haven't stated anything whatsoever to indicate that it will happen?

Edited by Spartan198

• 2 weeks later...

My friend Chris at work who's also a PC gamer and holding out for it, he's said to me he thinks it's already date set for release, I don't recall what date, but he's confident it's coming to PC, any news I would say makes me a believer, I'll report back to you guys if I hear about anything

At the moment, I'm going to buy GTA V again for PS3, and when avail on PC, I'll likely again buy another copy, for the modding community do try and add things that normally you can't get in console gaming, but the real advantage is for gaming laptops

Everyone acts as if Rockstar isn't going to release a PC version because it didn't come out at the same time as the console versions. Neither did GTA IV. Neither did San Andreas. Are you guys just not use to this yet?

I'm sure many said the same thing in the wake of Red Dead Redemption's release. GTA V could very well follow in similar footsteps. I'd like to emphasize I said could, not that it definitely will. But it could. I hope it doesn't and I hope PC gamers get to mod the hell out of the game. I really do. But it could end up a console exclusive. And just for the record, I'm of the opinion that platform/console exclusivity is a dated concept that needs to be done away with entirely.

Besides, what's the difference between worrying that it will never see a PC release and convincing oneself it will see a PC release when Rockstar haven't stated anything whatsoever to indicate that it will happen?

Red Dead Redemption is a different franchise, Grand Theft Auto has a history of doing well on PC. There is no good reason for them not to release V for PC. Every other game in the franchise has been released for PC and they have all been released after their console counterparts so why oh why is there such a hoo-haa because GTA V wasn't released at the same time as the console versions? It will come, be patient, personally I would rather wait a couple of months longer for a better PC port than go out to the shop tomorrow and buy a half arsed port that runs shitty and is poorly optimised.

• 1 month later...

I posted an IGN article that subscribes to the PC version delay, I think it would be really wise in the end to put out the AAA Rockstar titles to PC even if the time frame seems long, because they are the defining game experiences of this moment in time, and PC users should not feel like their own hardware is a detriment, we know that's just not the case, and I think the new consoles will help this become less of a problem.

The design of hardware is more in line with PC design lineage... or so it's been reported.

The results of which remain to be seen, but I saw the PS4 launch on Spike the other day, and even the day before that, a look at PS4 software shows that PC and console gamers have ability to play online together, but I can't say a lot about how that will work at the end of the day, but it looks to be something gamers will really appreciate!