My First Car!

Husky

Cool. I may also be getting a Honda soon, will also be my first, yes I know I'm several years late in getting a car but you all know I'm a lazy bastard :P

Almost got a '99 Civic the other day but some tool had already bought it when we phoned up and asked to view it :(

It wasn't a Type R though, not sure I could justify the insurance costs on one of those anyway, since too many dickheads modify the fuck out of them and crash them etc. insurance costs a fucking bomb.

BTW, WTF is the deal with Acura in the USA. Aren't they just re-badged Honda's? Do they actually change shit? I mean they look exactly the same to me. What a waste of time. Surely would be cheaper just to import Honda's as they are, like every other country in the world, no?

They're pretty much just rebaged Hondas, yeah. I'm not too sure what the deal with them is. It's kinda like the whole Toyota/Lexus deal. There's nothing wrong with a Honda... as long as you don't pretend its fast when its really not :P haha. Mine will never be fast.. maybe quick in the future, but it'll never see anything like 10's or 11's at the 1/4th.

Oh, I wouldnt say that, I gotta get rid of this 350 Small block someday :P, Come with the 700r4 tranny :innocent:, Ill see what i can do when i drive down there, Might have it in the back of the Rx7

But manual for actual driving is a pain in the ass.

LOL. Fucking America. Any other country in the world and the vast majority of cars are manual. It's normal.

Automatics are only an advantage if you're stuck in traffic and always stop/starting. Otherwise they're awful. Driving manual is so much more natural and a pleasure whereas auto is just boring. I actually feel sorry for Americans who like driving, must have to spend so much extra cash on getting a manual.

This is a debate for another topic though. This is about Husky's car now.

Naw, naw Sherman. Its being modified now. Not for racing actually. The engine is getting replaced with a new one. Since the current one has just been sitting there. Plus at Chris's post, I just don't like Manual. I drove my friends car and stalled the shit out of it. Anyway the Rl is going up for inspection after the new engine and trans is installed.

Oh and did anyone know that the stock sound system for the car is Bose? :hurrhurr:

Naw, naw Sherman. Its being modified now. Not for racing actually. The engine is getting replaced with a new one. Since the current one has just been sitting there. Plus at Chris's post, I just don't like Manual. I drove my friends car and stalled the shit out of it. Anyway the Rl is going up for inspection after the new engine and trans is installed.

Oh and did anyone know that the stock sound system for the car is Bose? :hurrhurr:

How the fuck can't you change gears?

I find it pretty easily to change them, only thing i don't know is how much pressure to put on the gas pedal.

If i sit in a car without a transmission stick, i begin looking for it, and usually it's tiptronic.

bahahah bose ftl lol.

change it!! i'd do that before i put rims.

i've never driven manual irl, both my parents cars are auto so thats what i learnt and got my license in. if i had the chance to learn manual i soooo would've. all the fast cool cars that get you chicks :hurrhurr: are manual lolz. ive driven 6spd manual with clutch ... only in battle gear 4 XD. Of course you would stall it on your first go or two, it obviously needs some practice/coordination etc to get used to it, i can only imagine.

speaking of that, last night in the city i saw a ferrari 360 modena. o m g soooooo nice. at least, the sound was extremely cool compared to all the other rice shit in the city (honda civic with exhaust, nissan pulsar with exhaust, daihatsu charade with exhaust lolz). but costs so much $ :P

lol husky do a C32B engine swap XDDD (NSX-R engine). and take the back seat and sound insulation out. that should drop your 0-100kmh times lolz.

It wasn't a Type R though, not sure I could justify the insurance costs on one of those anyway, since too many dickheads modify the fuck out of them and crash them etc. insurance costs a fucking bomb.

hahahaha. i saw on some motorway patrol show on foxtel, it was in the UK and some dumb teenagers (i think he was 18) had a type R, like the newer ones 2005 or somethin. anyways, turns out the reg plates on the type R dont match the ones that are in the government database for that car hahaha. was pretty funny seeing them argue with the cops. but yeah insurance will be some insane amount. you could always not get insurance and just get CTP :P

Edited by WRX22B1998

Manual is hugely superior to Auto.

On the subject of sounds, I need some component speakers for my car, the stocks are crippled by any kind of extremely low or high frequency bass. :(

Tried sliding my car in a car park today aswell (deserted :/) , I got the back end out, but I nearly ended up stuffing it into some bollards, so I stopped. :P

Wut!? Manual! Fuck no! The transmission craps it self. I mean it just doesn't work properly. The engine needs to be changed. Do you think its a bad idea to change it to a faster engine on a 13 year old car?

Changing the engine entirely? No, as long as the frame and such can support it. But don't put performance parts on a 13 year old engine, that would be a bad idea.

I only use manual in video games. But manual for actual driving is a pain in the ass. :/ Its okay, but I'm just a lazy ol' bastard.

Edit: btw It doesn't have the shift stick anyway so err.

Manual transmissions aren't hard or a pain in the ass at all. It's actually quite simple. And you'd put the proper shifter in there if you switched it, that's kind of obvious.

How the fuck can't you change gears?

I find it pretty easily to change them, only thing i don't know is how much pressure to put on the gas pedal.

If i sit in a car without a transmission stick, i begin looking for it, and usually it's tiptronic.

Tiptronic is pretty cool, Chestnut's car has that. Volkswagen engineering FTW. I love those damn Germans. No one innovates cars quite like the Germans.

Manual is hugely superior to Auto.

On the subject of sounds, I need some component speakers for my car, the stocks are crippled by any kind of extremely low or high frequency bass. :(

Tried sliding my car in a car park today aswell (deserted :/) , I got the back end out, but I nearly ended up stuffing it into some bollards, so I stopped. :P

ahahha what a rebel. what car do you have?

the car im driving (2002 Rav4) has really really good stock stereo imo. good bass, sounds nice and goes pretty loud.

Changing the engine entirely? No, as long as the frame and such can support it. But don't put performance parts on a 13 year old engine, that would be a bad idea.

I've seen cars with 170K being boosted and being reliable, if you do it right you've got nothing to worry about. I'm not worried about my engine itself, just everything that actually runs it :P Distributor/alt/sensors/ etc

I've seen cars with 170K being boosted and being reliable, if you do it right you've got nothing to worry about. I'm not worried about my engine itself, just everything that actually runs it :P Distributor/alt/sensors/ etc

I've heard doing things like adding turbos and such can damage engines that have ran hundreds of thousands of miles without them. Added stress or something.

• 4 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...