The Epic Photoshop help thread.

MrLlamaLlama

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cheers for the info Chris. The patch auto downloaded last night for me, but I haven't tried it out since. My load time is about 12 seconds first time booting, then like 4 seconds any time after that anyway.

CS2 is good, runs pretty fast, since it's been patched right up by Adobe.

CS3 Runs about the same speed, but has new features also. It's newer software, and i think it's still loosely supported.

CS4 Will absolutely blaze on a good / medium system, because it's all optimized for the latest tech and stuff. It's hard on weak systems, though. Also, CS4 has OpenGL, which is so good, it makes like worth living.

BTW, Awesome Huck :P

That looks sweet Huck, wish I could do things like that. Also thanks for pinning this topic!

Actually, it is quite easier than it seems; I D/L'd a iPhone mod from GTAInside, installed it in SA, and used the GGMM viewer to pan the model. Then I took a screenshot of it, pasted it to the photo, and then distorted it a bit to fit Shirley's palm. I blurred the fingers a bit, adjusted the contrast, added some logos on it - voila! An anachronistic iPhone advert!

Cheers for the info Chris. The patch auto downloaded last night for me, but I haven't tried it out since. My load time is about 12 seconds first time booting, then like 4 seconds any time after that anyway.

CS2 is good, runs pretty fast, since it's been patched right up by Adobe.

CS3 Runs about the same speed, but has new features also. It's newer software, and i think it's still loosely supported.

CS4 Will absolutely blaze on a good / medium system, because it's all optimized for the latest tech and stuff. It's hard on weak systems, though. Also, CS4 has OpenGL, which is so good, it makes like worth living.

BTW, Awesome Huck :P

Well, I only have CS3 at home, although I might give CS4 a shot... Oh, and thanks for the comment... I shooped Shirl for the lulz... :hurrhurr:

EDIT: This just in - I added a sepia effect and adjusted the phone to blend in better with the rest of the image:

24qmiqb.jpg

LOL IMAGE HAX!!!

Edited by Huckleberry Pie

There's couple of sites with pre - CS tutorials listed on the front page, ander the other huge list of links. My only other advice is to play around with filter combinations.

I had a quick google, and found this. You might have to miss out some steps that detract from the effect you want, since it's not specifically for an SA art effect. It should be backwards compatible, even though they advise you have CS.

If you run into any issues, post them here and i'll try to figure out a workaround for you ;)

But will CS4 run faster? My laptop handles CS2 just about, and I don't know of any features in CS3 or 4 that I need, but if it'll run smoother I'll upgrade. Also, Vista is in no way superior to XP. :P

CS4 uses your graphics card to accelerate rendering just like a video game.

Also Windows 7 ≠ Windows Vista. Compared to 7, Vista is absolutely horrible.

There's couple of sites with pre - CS tutorials listed on the front page, ander the other huge list of links. My only other advice is to play around with filter combinations.

I had a quick google, and found this. You might have to miss out some steps that detract from the effect you want, since it's not specifically for an SA art effect. It should be backwards compatible, even though they advise you have CS.

If you run into any issues, post them here and i'll try to figure out a workaround for you ;)

thanks for the link MLL, I'm considering to get either CS3 or CS4 :)

Just thought I'd drop in here to say at some point this week I'll finally get around to posting video links in the second post of this topic for the "You Suck At Photoshop" series.

Also, for those of you who use CS4 and want to learn how to properly use the Content Aware Scaling tool, I learned how to use it properly and effectively a while ago. If anyone wants then I can write up a quick tutorial, though there are some videos I could point you to as well.

• 2 weeks later...

LOL what did you mean by 9000 internets ?

I have a idea try making the car, oh I mean stretch it downwards a little and a bit more towards the right....fix any small errors if they come there and then darken the car i mean make it like dark red.....remove that strawberries on the car and the three balls on top of the lights....try it out and show me the result.... :)

LOL what did you mean by 9000 internets ?

I have a idea try making the car, oh I mean stretch it downwards a little and a bit more towards the right....fix any small errors if they come there and then darken the car i mean make it like dark red.....remove that strawberries on the car and the three balls on top of the lights....try it out and show me the result.... :)

About the over 9000 internets, it's a 4chan in-joke of sorts, taken from Dragonball Z, as well as Dubya's interpretation of the web.

And as for the car, what if I take a car from SA, pan it to match the pic, and then do some touch-up work?

Lmao.... something like this?

Huck_copyhmx.png

Well the main problem here is the quality of the car stock, I didn't get any good ones....so I decided to reduce the beauty of Sb Sc poster as well. If anyone could get me a high quality stock I may try upon it one more time.

Lmao.... something like this?

Huck_copyhmx.png

Well the main problem here is the quality of the car stock, I didn't get any good ones....so I decided to reduce the beauty of Sb Sc poster as well. If anyone could get me a high quality stock I may try upon it one more time.

LOLZOR! Now that's what I call gangsta... :awesome:

I'll do my own attempt at this in a few days; as for your shoop, it is quite nice, although it needs some touching up and stuff.