How do i creat a car for vc?

HotShots

Lol!

I kinda download mods for vc but i downloaded every thing in my intreast :coolthumbup: so i wanna make my own itreasting stuff! :yup:

BUT! :( i donno to make one! :nope: Can Some one please HELP??? :yup::worship:

It can take weeks or months if you want to weave yourself an awesome car. Trust me, you can't make yourself a 3D model if you don't have the patience and the free time to do so...

Lol!

I kinda download mods for vc but i downloaded every thing in my intreast :coolthumbup: so i wanna make my own itreasting stuff! :yup:

the best way to get into modding and the way i did it was learn to make car and bike skins, download txdworshop from here and spooky's img tool then use the imgtool to open the gta3.img in the models folder then search for infernus.txd and pcj600.txd then extract them, open them using txdworkshop and extract the images you want to edit, body, interior, engine etc

use photoshop or the gimp or even paint (i started in paint) to edit them, save them to png and import them back into the txd then use the imgtool to import your new txd and delete the old one from the img, make sure its named correctly, if your deleting the pcj600.txd and putting in a new one then it can't be pcj.txd i must be pcj600.txd.

then go ingame and find one and you'll see your new skin. (a tip, go into carcos.dat and replace the vehicle your editing with "vehicle-name 1,1" so it shows up as white and you see exactly what you've made.

theres high demand for skinners at www.gtastunting.net/forums though that place is full of ass holes.

final tip, make sure you back up what ever you edit incase you do something wrong.

and if you do like that and get good at it, you'll prolly find out about other programs over time but, 3ds max and Zmodeler are the most commenly used ones to make gta models oh and google sketchup sometimes.

Edited by flatface

yes actually it is, the Zmodeler for VC is free but the one for SA isn't though he wants to mod VC, you can also download Gmax which is free and kinda like 3ds max though i've never used it, i use 3ds max and Zmod but 3ds is just 1000x better than the rest imo, you can edit players, vehicles, maps, animations, map animations for SA and many other things.

BUT like i said, you should get into skinning 1st.

Some Skins i've made -

This won me the gtas Skinning league, is a car from nfs converted to VC then skinned by me.

th_anotherleaguepic3.jpg

heres one i made for myself last year but i still use it in stunt videos simply because its sex :)

th_screen-4.jpg

And this one i made for a friend at gtas Apex.

th_EPDPICS.jpg

so you can see skins can be pretty nice :P though its not easy.

also im one of the better skinners and i've been at it for a while so don't compare your skins, my philosophy is if your happy with it, then its good :)

EDIT: just found this pic, i really like this bike but no one else seems to :/

th_godson.jpg

Edited by flatface

Lol!

the best way to get into modding and the way i did it was learn to make car and bike skins, download txdworshop from here and spooky's img tool then use the imgtool to open the gta3.img in the models folder then search for infernus.txd and pcj600.txd then extract them, open them using txdworkshop and extract the images you want to edit, body, interior, engine etc

use photoshop or the gimp or even paint (i started in paint) to edit them, save them to png and import them back into the txd then use the imgtool to import your new txd and delete the old one from the img, make sure its named correctly, if your deleting the pcj600.txd and putting in a new one then it can't be pcj.txd i must be pcj600.txd.

then go ingame and find one and you'll see your new skin. (a tip, go into carcos.dat and replace the vehicle your editing with "vehicle-name 1,1" so it shows up as white and you see exactly what you've made.

theres high demand for skinners at www.gtastunting.net/forums though that place is full of ass holes.

final tip, make sure you back up what ever you edit incase you do something wrong.

and if you do like that and get good at it, you'll prolly find out about other programs over time but, 3ds max and Zmodeler are the most commenly used ones to make gta models oh and google sketchup sometimes.

wait!

uhh what kinda images did you mean? like i downloaded this neon mod it replaces the shadows of cars and bikes...

but this stuf i wanna add more colours like flurasent etc. i made one like a flurasent but when i try ta replce it withe the current shadow it says: cannot read ..... i donno what comes after read i fogat

i tryed it a month ago

and i download this zmodler but its not working! help!

Edited by HotShots

so you were able to use the mod but not make your own?

you need to have the main image as PNG and the Alpha and BMP 64 bit or 32 bit. not sure :P but yeah.

also check my post above your last, thats what i mean by skinning.

ok but when i try to save from my adobe photoshop cs3 id daint have this png. then how??????? n wats alpha ,bmp 64 .........

blah blah blah! ???? whas it? and i read that thing a hundred times!

so you were able to use the mod but not make your own?

you need to have the main image as PNG and the Alpha and BMP 64 bit or 32 bit. not sure :P but yeah.

also check my post above your last, thats what i mean by skinning.

ok but when i try to save from my adobe photoshop cs3 id daint have this png. then how??????? n wats alpha ,bmp 64 .........

blah blah blah! ???? whas it? and i read that thing a hundred times!

you wont understand untill you use the programs, an try googling "differen't types of bmp images"

it might help you with the 64 32 etc and also google "alpha image's"

EDIT: and for the photoshop problem, just add .png after the name i didn't see it in the list ages ago when i tried Photoshop either but just typing .png rather than selecting a filetype by hand works.

Edited by flatface

yes actually it is, the Zmodeler for VC is free but the one for SA isn't though he wants to mod VC, you can also download Gmax which is free and kinda like 3ds max though i've never used it, i use 3ds max and Zmod but 3ds is just 1000x better than the rest imo, you can edit players, vehicles, maps, animations, map animations for SA and many other things.

so where do i download this z modler? and 3d max will take 1 day and 7 hours to download!

im going to introduce you to a little tool i like to call "Google"

www.google.com

pretty new/amazing site.

Sorry, ^_^ i allredy know that site... :D i knew sice i was just 4 years :D . hmmm :bleh: and i tried it then i asked. and which version of 3d max do you have? the one i got by googling was v8.0. and thats like 980 mb or 908 mb not sure.

ohh i tried googling the other zmodler too, before i asked of course... So i got the one from its site... i saved it then when i try to run it it says its got some prob and needs to be reinstaled. thats y i asked... whered you download it from??? pls tell!!!

i have max 9, again can't say where to get it.

hmmm 9 huh leme see i ll download it.

hmmm you goda download a trial version only? i downloaded a key gen for it but this key gen dosent open up. when i try dobule clikcin it and click run nothing HAPPENS!!!!! :jumpon::pissed::thumbsdown:>.<:bashhead::pissedred: cant you just tell me where yo u downloaded it from? or cant you just put it here you know uplod it.... please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you realy cant ^_^ .... no need ill download v8! :bleh:

Edited by HotShots

um... STOP DISCUSSING WAREZ OVER THE FORUMS.. I FUCKING SAID THAT 1 POST .. maybe 2.. AGO!.. <_<

<_<_<_<_<_<_<<_<<_<_<<<<<_<<<_<<<

ALSO BIG POSTSS CONTAINING SIMPLY PLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEASEPLEWSEEHUKRJDFSSSJDFNDFSNJFS!!!!! etc makes people go NKFNJDFSGJNJD!~!!!!! annoyed!!!!! ><_<_>_><_><__><_<_><_><___>>>_>>_>>>>>>>>>>>>>

if you want to discuss warez, stealing programs etc.. then use the bloody PM system.

EDIT: and if you want to discuss your current stolen program say its the trial program.. it saves the forum your taling on.. alot of trouble.

Edited by flatface

i have max 9, again can't say where to get it.

hmmm 9 huh leme see i ll download it.

hmmm you goda download a trial version only? i downloaded a key gen for it but this key gen dosent open up. when i try dobule clikcin it and click run nothing HAPPENS!!!!! :jumpon::pissed::thumbsdown:>.<:bashhead::pissedred: cant you just tell me where yo u downloaded it from? or cant you just put it here you know uplod it.... please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

if you realy cant ^_^ .... no need ill download v8! :bleh:

There's a free version of Zmod on their website; you can use it to make VC/III cars and other objects. And stop posting like a desperate kid, some people are just annoyed at such behaviour...