More Awards?

Chris

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yo,i've got an idea.Biggest Spamer 2007.That's me .Biggest Spamer.If you don't believe me,ask TM.I ve got a warning for spamming up his forum. :D

You shouldn't be proud of that at all. It's bad. Spamming and getting an award out of it is not right. It would definitely fit in the Most Annoying Members Award.

@Sky:I will own you more than a fat kid owns cake

I will give you or Sky 1.5k if any of you win (Seriously, I would). :P

Yeah, but the Funniest Ban award wouldn't exactly piss off anyone still posting. Well, unless they have a second account we don't know about....yet.

That ones fine, we could all have a laugh at that since they'd be gone. But something like, "Most Disrespected Member" is just going to piss someone off and make them leave the forum, and why lose a member over some stupid award that doesn't matter?

Maybe it will have a positive affect on them and they'll change their attitude...

I think that comes from tons of warnings and owning from the staff / members. I dunno, it is just for fun. Even though a little friendly competition is nice, like the fact that I'm gonna own K9 Krew in ze hottest member contest :o

Yeah right. Just check out my profile pic and you'll give up. I'm gonna win the hottest member contest.

Official Topic Ruiner. Y'know, for that member who keeps screwing up topics simply by posting in them.

Buddy, everyone knows I'm the hottest member to ever register here. I won the first official Hottest Member... I own all.

And I can end a topic without spamming or anything like that. I've ended plenty of topics just by posting once.

Sky usually does good in the Hottest Member award, so I'd not bet against him if I were you.

Biggest geek

Most technical

Best avatar for general awards.

Yes to all of those

Best GTA News Reporter (non-staff)

Best Signature Shop

Best Topic Starter

Best Machinima

1. good

2. maybe

3. maybe, although is that not a little ambiguous? What defines how good a topic is?

4. good, but are there enough here for us to have a vote on who's best?

Warzone Medal of Honor

Most Random Member

1. yes although most topics there are shit, so not 100% on that at the moment :P

2. I guess we could have that. No idea who would even get nominated though...

Most active?

And... do we need best writing? (Does it mean, like RP, Fan fic and shit, or.. news?)

Most active. Yeah not sure if we actually need this. It's kinda disputed too much and loads of people come here everyday, some lurk, some actually post. We will have too many people running for it. I believe we had the same discussion on it last year but decided to go with it anyway. This is a possibility for removal.

Best Writing was originally for RP's and fanfics, however last year there weren't enough nominees so we expanded it to news writing and also general posts (i.e. people who would consistently post witty stuff for example, or really insightful/useful things)

If it's the same again this year then we'll probably do the same extension.

Nicest Member

Dumbest Member

Most Underrated Member

Overly/Under-Respected Member

Good ideas but we probably won't use any of those. I know it's a bit of fun but giving awards for negative things (dumbest member) isn't really something we should celebrate. We have most annoying, and weirdest looks already :P

Biggest Noob? Ill think of more later and dont comment anything offensive at me like saying i'll win that award for sure!

yeah but no one likes a noob, we aren't gonna give one of their sort an award.

I think maybe Most Useless Member(I would win).

Lol. Nah, as discussed above.

Best mod submitted

Most controversial topic

Funniest Ban

Those are good actually. Not sure about funniest ban though, good award but the member is banned so they're not here anymore... If they are then clearly they've improved.

Official Topic Ruiner. Y'know, for that member who keeps screwing up topics simply by posting in them.

Heh, another negative award, but it sounds funnier. Worst Thread Shitter Award. For the member who consistently trolls and goes off topic and generally fucks up good topics.

Yo,i've got an idea.Biggest Spamer 2007.That's me .Biggest Spamer.If you don't believe me,ask TM.I ve got a warning for spamming up his forum. :D

No.

Question Person!: The person who keeps asking annoying questions....

And do you give away awards in the Arcade? I think you should...

That could come under most annoying member I think.

No we don't give awards for arcade stuff. If you're good enough (top 3) you get a trophy shown next to your name in the high scores. That's basically the same thing here.

I have one:

Most unique member.

Feel free to strangle me if this idea of an award sucks :wacko:

Sounds alright actually, not sure how we'd decide it though.

I suggest we have separate awards in stunting. One for SA and one for VC.

Possibly, you're probably in the forum more than me. Would we have enough nominees for both games?

Buddy, everyone knows I'm the hottest member to ever register here. I won the first official Hottest Member... I own all.

Sky usually does good in the Hottest Member award, so I'd not bet against him if I were you.

Yeah but for the first one there wasn't much competition was there :P? I mean what was it me, you, Sky (if he entered that year, can't remember), possibly ToM, and Gerard (dunno if he was here then)? IIRC it was pretty much between me and you though.

Best Money Spender

No. Good idea just not really necessary I don't think.

There could be..........

Most favored member with 0 - 200 Posts

Most Favored member with 200 - 600 Posts

Most Favored member with 600 - 1000 Posts

etc.

There could be, but I don't really see the point. Seems like then we're just adding on awards for the sake of not seeming to favour members with high post counts. You guys make all the nominations. And this year we're changing the rules a little. Last year I believe we had it so you'd nominate one member for each award. I think this year I'm gonna do it so you can nominate several members for each. Also, you'll be able to nominate yourself if you think you genuinely deserve it and no one else has nominated you yet (but you'll have to justify that).

Wow. Think that was everyone. Too many quotes... if I missed your suggestion then just post it again so I'll see it. I shall get to work on updating the award list and reposting so we can reach a final decision on it.

Double post but here's the updated list. Awards not in bold are currently 'maybes'. Including those though, the total is brought up to 37 awards which is actually a few more than I envisioned having (I thought maybe 30 max).

GTA

Most Knowledgeable (GTA3):

Most Knowledgeable (GTAVC):

Most Knowledgeable (GTASA):

Most Knowledgeable (GTALCS):

Most Knowledgeable (GTAVCS):

Best Stunter (San Andreas):

Best Stunter (Vice City):

Personal:

Sexiest Member:

Most Respected Member:

Most Helpful Member:

Most Improved Member:

Best New Member: - a flaw with the 'last 6 months' rule was that members who join during Jan-June would never be able to win this. Therefore the time limit is now the whole current year (2007)

Most Intelligent Member:

Funniest Member:

Most Original Username:

Biggest geek

Most technical

Most controversial topic

Most Random Member

Most unique member

Talent (sort of):

Best Avatar:

Best Signature:

Best Graphics:

Best Writing:

Best Machinima

Best Topic Starter

Best Signature Shop

Best mod submitted

Medal of Honor

Slightly Negative:

Biggest Userbar Whore:

Weirdest Looks:

Most Annoying Member:

Most Likely To Be Lying About Their Age:

Worst Thread Shitter Award

Funniest Ban

To remove (maybe):

Most Active Member:

Well once we've finalised the above list. We start nominations. Those last for about a week, then we commence voting. A week today is Christmas Day so uhh, yeah let's get this finalised by tomorrow. Then I can get the nominations topic done, run that for a week, then on Boxing day or perhaps a couple days after depending on if we need to wait for more nom's we'll start voting.

I think the "Worst Thread Shitter Award" connects with the "Most Annoying Member Award" because the member who makes this shit thread would annoy us and that would mean the member would get The Most annoying member award because of that. Just a thought I just thought up. I'll see if I can think up anymore or catch out any of these awards if they relate with one another.

Good point ^

Yeah I think we have a bit too many awards right now so that would bring us back down to 36. I'll edit the list again...

GTA

Most Knowledgeable (GTA3):

Most Knowledgeable (GTAVC):

Most Knowledgeable (GTASA):

Most Knowledgeable (GTALCS):

Most Knowledgeable (GTAVCS):

Best Stunter (San Andreas):

Best Stunter (Vice City):

Personal:

Sexiest Member:

Most Respected Member:

Most Helpful Member:

Most Improved Member:

Best New Member: - a flaw with the 'last 6 months' rule was that members who join during Jan-June would never be able to win this. Therefore the time limit is now the whole current year (2007)

Most Intelligent Member:

Funniest Member:

Most Original Username:

Biggest geek

Most technical

Most controversial topic

Most Random Member

Most unique member

Talent (sort of):

Best Avatar:

Best Signature:

Best Graphics:

Best Writing:

Best Machinima

Best Topic Starter

Best Signature Shop

Best mod submitted

Medal of Honor

Slightly Negative:

Biggest Userbar Whore:

Weirdest Looks:

Most Annoying Member:

Most Likely To Be Lying About Their Age:

Funniest Ban

Currently thinking about removing the news reported award... one or two people have posted a bit before our staff on occasions, but I don't think it happens often enough to warrant an award.

Best Signature Shop

Best Topic Starter

Best Machinima

1. good

2. maybe

3. maybe, although is that not a little ambiguous? What defines how good a topic is?

4. good, but are there enough here for us to have a vote on who's best?

The signature shop one would be based on how popular the sig shop is, how impressive the signatures are and how fast the signatures get made.

Best Topic Starter could be based on the popularity of the topics, how creative the topics are and how much work was put into the topics.

Best Machinima doesn't necessarily need to be from someone that goes to this forum. Ceedj from Pawfect Films is a member here and the PEDS series is really good. Besides the two GTA Real Estate Machinimas that I made, I also made a music video with San Andreas. I guess people could post their work in the topics and if anyone that sees them thinks they're good...they could nominate the person.

Honorable Mention Award: Someone who never got nominated for any award but does well around the forum. It would be difficult since you'd have to wait until the nominations for the previous awards are done before doing this one. Just a little thought.

Also how about best posts. The ones that are the most meaningful and have the most meat in them. Still thinking of more.

Honorable Mention Award: Someone who never got nominated for any award but does well around the forum. It would be difficult since you'd have to wait until the nominations for the previous awards are done before doing this one. Just a little thought.

Also how about best posts. The ones that are the most meaningful and have the most meat in them. Still thinking of more.

Ah yes, That's good, but that also affects the Best Writing award because they both relate with each other.