New(ish) car.

Sherman

S5000459.jpg

S5000466.jpg

S5000462.jpg

S5000461.jpg

S5000460.jpg

'96 Honda Accord, 188K, Most power options (No sunroof or powerseats)

It needs a little washing and everything, water is low here so it won't get a GOOD one for a little bit. No interior shots, I just vacuumed it, needs shampooing :s And needs just misc. things that don't really matter for this topic, haha. $3500

And ignore the trashy background, yard is in progress >.>

I would've posted in the GDT.... but, it would've taken the page forever to load, so here. :D

And so it begins...

You'll learn a lot taking care of your first, but if you live to be 100, the first one will probably always be your favorite.

Yeah, I'm gonna keep stock things up first, then go on from there. Probably just an intake to get rid of the nasty looking airbox. It's gonna be around 2K for nice wheels / tires / tein coilovers. Then tint and a cd player. I'm gonna have a good bit into this car, but meh, why not be stupid with money while I can?

Of all the dumb things, watch yard sales. I've found a few deals that way. Your car is common enough, you might be in for

a real surprise what you could buy for under $50.

A junk yard might be a little steep on some things, but do you have any scrap yards (scrap yard will just crush the cars for

the scrap value). They have to pay to get rid of tires so they'd be inclined to make a deal.

Beats paying $2K for a set of wheels.

Of all the dumb things, watch yard sales. I've found a few deals that way. Your car is common enough, you might be in for

a real surprise what you could buy for under $50.

A junk yard might be a little steep on some things, but do you have any scrap yards (scrap yard will just crush the cars for

the scrap value). They have to pay to get rid of tires so they'd be inclined to make a deal.

Beats paying $2K for a set of wheels.

$500 for wheels (Something nice, I'm wanting Rota's. Knockoffs, but not terrible wheels by far)

$500 for nice tires

$750 for Tein basic coilovers

Plus shipping / mounting everything.

BTW, how would I get that stuff off the front bumper? It's going away right now just from where it's been raining.

So, what's first (after you clean it properly).

Timing belt, tires / brakes, muffler, inspection. In that order, I think.

Inspection and muffler done. Looks nice, and inspection was at a little service station, if you know what I'm saying. Timing belt Friday, and tires Friday or Saturday.

And yeah, it turns into a truck to haul fat chicks. :lol: