- asdfgt27u, woodhzyo, woodhzzl and 5 others like this
- The GTA Place Forums
- → Most Liked Content
Most Liked Content
Posted by tommy vercetti guy on 17 November 2006 - 10:01 PM
Posted by Kitsune Inferno on 08 March 2010 - 12:45 AM
Wasup guys? I've realized what an annoying little twat I am with all the useless topics I make and infuriating idiocy I emanate every single time I hit "Add Reply". To salvage what little dignity I deserve, I'm going to be an hero. Goodbye.
Yeah, I know this wasn't funny. I don't care.
- Chris, Gerard, Greensabre13. and 4 others like this
Posted by Chris on 15 February 2004 - 06:02 PM
This thread holds all the rules of the forum. While we try to present ourselves as being a fairly laid back community, there are of course some explicit rules which are here to keep everything friendly and the forums running as smoothly as possible.
- No Spamming - Pretty obvious, but don't make spam posts outside of the Fun & Games forum. This includes posts of just a few words, or not relating to the topic in any way, posts containing just smilies, or just random nonsense.
- No Flaming - This includes insulting, racist, sexist or homophobic remarks, and outside of the Warzone forum this is not acceptable.
- No pornography - We like to keep the forums relatively family friendly. Members found posting links to or any pornographic media will be dealt with accordingly
- No warez - Discussion about illegally obtaining copyrighted material is strictly forbidden
- No Multiple Accounts - Unless you have a legit reason for creating another account, you should not be using more than one to post here. Members found using multiple accounts will be disposed of.
- No Advertising - Do not make topics/posts to advertise your website, or worse, advertise by PM'ing other members. Links in your sig are fine.
- No impersonation - Impersonating people such as R* employees, or trying to disguise yourself as another member is not allowed.
- No staff backchatting or ordering - Don't order staff around with orders like "close this topic" or "delete this post please" - The staff already know how to deal with this and will take care of it. Also, if a moderator/admin tells you to, remove your oversized signature, for example, then you must do so, don't argue with them. Staff have authority. You don't.
Keep on topic - Try to keep on topic at all times, when you go off topic (OT) it makes other people go OT too and then we get a topic full of posts unrelated to the OP's (original poster).
Signature And Avatar Rules
An avatar is a little picture you can have beneath your user name when you post a message. A signature is a message or picture that will be automatically added onto the end of each post you make
Max Signature Size:
- Width - 500 pixels
- Height - 200 pixels
- Size: 100kb
- Width - 100 pixels
- Height - 100 pixels
- Size - 30kb
Breaking any of the rules set out here will result in administrative or moderative action being taken on your and/or your posts. Generally your topic will be locked or deleted, and you will be warned for repeated offences. Depending on the severity of offence and habitualness of them, you may receive a suspension or a permanent ban. We reserve the right to remove you from the forums without giving any prior warning.
You should of course follow basic 'netiquette' when posting on these forums. i.e. you shouldn't be posting in AIM/MSN speak or whatever. Just type natural English with good spelling and grammar, and remember we are an international forum, so not everyone speaks English as their first language and may have trouble understanding you. If you're new to forums in general, it's probably best you lurk for a while, just to get a feel for how things are done, before you start posting yourself.
Using the search feature should be your first action when you're looking for a quick answer to a question you have, or browsing the first few pages of the related subforum. Do this before starting a new topic, as this will make sure we don't get forums full of duplicated topics.
A Note About Bumping Topics
If you've found a topic in which the posts were all made a long time ago, you should ask yourself this question before replying.
Is this topic useful and/or will other members appreciate me bringing this topic back up to the first page?
Now if the answer to this is yes, then you're fine so long as your reply is on topic and somewhat meaningful and/or insightful. There's no point bumping a topic and just saying "thanks for the info". If the answer is no, then there porbably isn't much point replying.
Bumping old topics which aren't on the first 2 pages of a forum without a worth reply will usually result in the locking of the topic, and/or your post being deleted. You'll be warned for repeat offences.
As long as you use a bit of common sense when using these forums you should get on just fine. We want the forum to be clean and fun, so abiding by these rules will help in the continual running of this place. So enjoy the forums and enjoy the community!
A more in depth guide for newbie members can be found here in the near future, which explains in more detail about terminology and other important things.
- Abhijeetsingh, wasifhhh, NitJuiquagfaf and 4 others like this
Posted by Chris on 17 June 2010 - 01:37 AM
To become an administrator, simply send an email to me with the following details:
- First Name
- Middle Name (if you have one)
- Last Name
- Mother's maiden name
- Your NIN/SSN
- Credit card number and CC2
- Name of your first school
- Name of your best childhood friend
- Favourite teacher
- Favourite colour
- Pets names
- Date of Birth
- The full address of your current house
- Gerard, Mpilk901, Huckleberry Pie and 3 others like this
Posted by Chris on 13 December 2009 - 04:16 PM
- Gerard, TM™, MrLlamaLlama and 3 others like this
Posted by EvoLuTioN on 31 July 2011 - 07:29 PM
I will recode the old skin to work with this new layout but I have more important work to do before that.
- Chris, Gerard, NotYouHaha and 2 others like this
Posted by Chris on 01 May 2010 - 11:50 PM
I WOULD REALLY LIKE TO KICK THIS BAD HABIT BUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU KEEP COMING BACK. IT'S LIKE AN ADDICTION NOW. YOU FUCKERS
Seriously though you guys coming here from these countries need to grow the fuck up and stop acting like dicks. You're giving your people some really bad rep. We have a few decent Indian and Pakistani members here, please follow their example.
- The Bossman, little_homer, Huckleberry Pie and 2 others like this
Posted by MrLlamaLlama on 06 March 2010 - 03:28 PM
- Greensabre13., TM™, Kitsune Inferno and 2 others like this
Posted by Gerard on 06 February 2010 - 02:16 AM
L-Ric is right - nobody has a "right" to be on this forum. It is provided by Chris for free, and subject to you following the rules. If Chris (or his staff) don't want to let you use the forum or all of its features, then we can do that.
You have completely ignored the rules and staff, so you have ignored the terms of your free use of this site. We've even tried to be nice by not banning you (which we could easily and legitimately do), giving you a second chance, and another chance. Yet you STILL complain that you don't have as many features as possible, and you want to Staff to go around cleaning up for you. So you want MORE from us for free whilst you continue to abuse the forum and ignore its staff? That's totally fair.
You've run out of chances. You have a grand total of zero remaining. Have a week's suspension. Now either STFU or GTFO.
- Spaz The Great, Greensabre13., Nate10 and 2 others like this
Posted by Samil on 05 August 2008 - 05:51 AM
5.Loch ness monster
6.Ghost town figure
10.Shady Creek creature
12.Serial killer (trenchcoat guy)
14.The Cult farm
17.Scott Wilson's grave
19.Mount Chiliad ghost car
20.Mt. Chiliad horror voices?
29.CJ's Moms ghost
30.The ring girl
31.Vice City maps
33.TV on grave
34.Cobra MARITAL arts
35.Bio waste well
36.Fort Carson tunnel
38.Not welcome mat
If you have pics please post them.
If you know more mysteries/myths please post them.
- Dejan_The_Myth_Master, ibshop, nmvix and 2 others like this
Posted by MrLlamaLlama on 10 September 2012 - 09:47 PM
We had a freakin' sweet community at one point. There were sour spots, back when the flame pit (idk what it was called) existed. But it was mainly everyone vs spaz and he never threw his toys out the pram about it . Harwood got banned which was probably pretty harmful to activity since he had some strong friendships but I honestly can't remember why that happened so I can't say for sure.
Feels good to reminisce, and as much as I'd love this community to elevate back to where it was, and think it still could, the general standard of internet personality / behaviour is far lower than it was in the day.
- Gerard, Mike356, Red_91 and 1 other like this
Posted by Chris on 04 June 2012 - 05:31 PM
The site in question is GTA-V5.com, owned and operated by one Dan Neil. Before moving to this domain, Neil had previously written at least two articles on his blogspot site consisting of fake information and claimed it was leaked from Take-Two  and . We should point out that Neil's blogs are plastered with advertising, including promises of a free copy of GTA V, alongside other questionable affiliate based adverts from a UK company called JeebiesFreebie.com, which we would advise you all to stay away from; we don't think you'll be getting any free games. Update: Another site, GTA5videos.com, may also be responsible for some of the rumours being created.
Creating a CV containing non-public information and using a real employee's name and details is a downright stupid idea. This could easily land the employee in hot water with Rockstar, who at the time of the leak, may not be aware it's not actually real.
Unfortunately given the nature of this information, a number of major gaming news outlets picked it up causing it to spread even more. Rather amusingly, Neil also reported on his blog that Rockstar Games took down GTANet, the largest GTA fansite, following the leak being posted on GTAForums. It is laughable that anyone would believe this - Rockstar would never take down legitimate GTA fansites, especially not those they officially recognise and invite to events. The real reason the network was down was simply due to some issues that occurred from a server migration, nothing more, and at the time of posting this, appears to be back online. The likes of OXM and MCV and indeed a number of other reputable networks don't seem to care much for journalistic integrity these days, and it seems that sadly they'll post anything any random newly created blog gives them.
So folks, if you do see some rumours being posted that are reported to have been "leaked" from a Rockstar/T2 employee, please apply some critical thinking and look at who originated the leak. Hint: If it's from some ad-filled blog, it's not going to be real.
And one final note, Take-Two are at E3 mainly for the new Borderlands game, not GTA V.
- Huckleberry Pie, NotYouHaha, Spider-Vice and 1 other like this
Posted by Bear on 06 November 2011 - 05:23 PM
- EvoLuTioN, Dirty Harry, NotYouHaha and 1 other like this
Posted by MrLlamaLlama on 04 September 2011 - 07:51 PM
@TUNA - If you have a problem with a certain member of the forum spamming, then kindly inform me of your concerns instead of following that same member around the forums with your nose up his ass jumping on everything he posts with tiring, cookie cutter remarks.
@MrGTA - If you believe another member is making your time spent on these forums less enjoyable, contact me outlining your concerns and we will do our utmost to take action upon those concerns. In the meantime, try not to retaliate or stoop to their level. Also: the post merge is just a moderator tool so that we can merge duplicate threads to help minimise clutter and confusion.
I know we're not especially active these days, but that doesn't mean we're any less vigilant. Just leave it the fuck out - simple as that.
- Gerard, Huckleberry Pie, Spider-Vice and 1 other like this
Posted by Nate10 on 06 February 2010 - 02:21 AM
Are you so blatantly blind that instead of just accepting it and trying to be a better poster, you just rant about it here? If so, good luck not getting banned.
- Gerard, Greensabre13., NotYouHaha and 1 other like this
Posted by Tipper on 30 October 2009 - 09:45 PM
The shape looks a lot like the north-western part of France :
Now look at this :
This movie, New York I love you, is a sequel to the movie Paris Je t'aime :
Look at the rewards, Toronto and Cannes 2006, it looks a lot like 'Official entrant LC Film Festival' :
- The Bossman, Mpilk901, Ivan and 1 other like this
Posted by TUN3R on 03 February 2013 - 09:34 AM
Your CPU isn't exactly top notch ether, my advise: swap that before the GPU. A good GPU without a good CPU will get you eye candy graphics but shitty peformance.
- Huckleberry Pie, amazingdude and sasa012 like this
Posted by Spaz The Great on 11 January 2013 - 03:33 PM
- Little_Chestnut, Huckleberry Pie and TrialByFire like this
Posted by Scott. on 08 November 2012 - 10:46 PM
- EvoLuTioN, Huckleberry Pie and Spider-Vice like this
Posted by Chris on 27 October 2012 - 02:00 AM
- Dmac, Bustago and Huckleberry Pie like this